Thought that the first date was great, until… What should I do???

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:34 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

confusedboy89
    Participant
    June 29, 2015 at 9:10 pm #81770

I’ve met this girl on a mobile dating app about a month ago. We finally had a chance to go out on a date last Saturday. Picked her up at the station, went for a dinner at a nice cafe, followed by coffee. After that, we caught a movie and I sent her back home.

Personally, I think that there is little wrong that I have committed during the date. I was gentleman towards her and initiated most of the conversations, trying to make her laugh and smile whenever possible. She was kind of reserved. According to our previous texting, she mentioned that her friends label her as a “bimbo” and she’s pretty straightforward.

I’ve talked to a few of my friends about it and it seems that I am too available to her. Please give me your opinion on where this is leading to. If I would want to save the situation, what should I do?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  confusedboy89.

confusedboy89
    Participant
    June 29, 2015 at 9:11 pm #81771

Here’s the text that followed after I sent her home.

Her: Thanks for everything. Sorry for being late. Drive safe!

Me: Just got home… No need to thank me, I had a good time too… Let me know when your schedule is free though… Busy woman… Hahaha…

Her: Haha seems like I didn’t deter you enough

Me: Do you mean that you are usually a turn off? Haha…

Her: People find me fierce, just like you did.

Me: Do you think one date is enough to tell? But like I said, we’re going out to have fun. If it works out, it works out.

Her: I think it’s not enough to tell, but you can roughly tell the kind of guy. Yea, our outings should be stress-free.

Me: So am I your kind? As of now, it’s only an outing, singular.

Her: My kind isn’t good for me. Haha, right outing.

Me: Hahaha… Playboys? Bad boys? Clubbers?

Her: Haha i like guys with guts and are very manly, able to protect me. Basically just like my dad, but at the same time very doting and nice.

confusedboy89
    Participant
    June 30, 2015 at 8:12 am #81772

I’ve talked to a few of my friends about it and it seems that I am too available to her. Please give me your opinion on where this is leading to. If I would want to save the situation, what should I do?

datingninja
    Participant
    July 1, 2015 at 12:57 am #81853

What type of guy are you? Are you laid back, shy, confident, funny? What were you looking for? A relationship? A hookup?

All these factor in how your date could go. First of all from what I see, it appears she’s a party person. Her friends call her a “bimbo” and you went about it like a nice guy.

If this was your first date you made a bunch of mistakes. I am assuming it is. Meeting for the first time on a Saturday night is a mistake. Yes, you are showing you are too available. Dinner? Movie? Coffee? If you don’t drink, coffee is fine. However, a dinner and movie on first date is a no-no. Movies are a distraction. You should have had 1 on 1 time. Laughter, fun, conversation, let her see your smile, etc…. A date is your chance to show her you are a catch.

Also, don’t get into text women. Making sure she made it home is fine by text. After that just stop. And don’t ask a woman “So am I your kind?” and “let me know when your schedule is free”…………

datingninja
    Participant
    July 1, 2015 at 1:04 am #81854

You should assume she is interested. Text her she made it home. Thank her for a great night. Then call her a few days later with a plan. “Let’s meet for a drink Saturday afternoon and grab sushi then play a game of pool” or whatever you are into. Just call with a plan.

She said she likes guys with guts. That means confidence. Manly means alpha to me. Your texts were all asking her “am I your kid” or “one date is enough to tell” which shows me you aren’t as confident as she likes.

You might be able to recover by calling her to meet you for a drink and something fun.

Dismister
    Participant
    July 1, 2015 at 2:50 am #81863

If you really like her and want to date her then what you did was on the best of your choice. If she is a bit reserved then it for you to decide that will she match you or not.

ivelinni
    Participant
    July 1, 2015 at 9:31 am #81877

I think the problem with your text conversation, like your friends pointed out, is that you come off as a bit too eager to know whether or not you’re her type. There are just a few too many follow up questions in there. Instead, focus on whether or not she is your type, and if you’d like to go on another date with her. If you do, give it a few days before you contact her again (and if she contacts you – reply politely without being too eager). In a few days you can send her a text asking if she’d like to meet up for drinks/lunch/coffee/whatever. Good luck! 🙂