Thought we had a good date, but I haven't heard from him

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tropperdu
    tropperdu
    Participant
    July 1, 2015 at 2:30 am #81860

I met a guy at university, and we seemed to hit it off. A week after school ended I texted him and asked how his summer was going. He didn’t respond. A week later, I decided “what the heck”, and texted him saying I liked him and did he want to go out sometime. He responded and said he’d love to go out sometime. We planned to see a movie and get something to eat the next Sunday. But Friday he asked if I wanted to see a movie Saturday. I said yes, so that day we got ice cream, saw a movie, and then walked around for about 15 minutes afterwards talking before he walked me to my bus stop (it was about midnight) and waited the few minutes until my bus came. As we were parting ways he said “let me know if you’re ever on campus” (he lives close to campus, I don’t). I said ok, see you. On the bus there was a flirtatious drunk guy and in the midst of my awkwardness I texted the guy about the drunk dude. We texted briefly he stopped replying. The next day I texted him saying I’d had a good…

tropperdu
    tropperdu
    Participant
    July 1, 2015 at 2:31 am #81861

time and hoped we could do it again sometime. He didn’t reply.

I’m feeling pretty discouraged. BUT- he has admitted before he sucks at texting, so it’s entirely possibly that he didn’t see the message, maybe he didn’t even receive it? I know iPhone to Android texts do that sometime. He seems like a bit of a shy guy, so while I’m hoping he contacts me I’m not sure he will. And I don’t know if “let me know when you’re on campus” is him friendzoning me, saying he wants to see me again but maybe being to shy to say that explicitly, or saying I should ask him out again….

Anonymous
    July 1, 2015 at 11:21 am #81878

either you’ve deflated his ego by mentioning the drunk flirt on the bus or it could be just a friendly thing for him. he doesn’t seem to be in that much of pursuit. if a guy is keen on a girl he will reply her messages or take initiative in contacting her and not wait for her to call the shots. guys like to chase and if you’re the one chasing and messaging him all the time you’re making it too easy and he’ll lose interest pretty fast.
    send him another message or 2 and if he doesn’t respond i’d say let him be and move on 🙂

tropperdu
    tropperdu
    Participant
    July 1, 2015 at 3:46 pm #81903

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I’m kicking myself for texting him right after…. Hoping I’ll see him at the gym sometime but idk :/ in person I could probably judge how he’s feeling. He doesn’t seem to be one to take initiative, but it should be pretty clear by now that I’m into him so you’d think that would clear up any worries he might have if he is shy.