Thoughts on this situation?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 7:40 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

zenman22
    Participant
    September 17, 2016 at 12:54 pm #111746

I (M 31) had lunch with a girl (23) I’ve known for a while. Good 3 hour conversation. I paid for lunch & hugged her goodbye, so I think I gave the signal that I’m interested. She told me which days of the week she’s free to meet again.

Today, I asked about this weekend. Told me she’s busy tonight & festival tomorrow. I’m going to the same festival, so I said let’s meet up, & I asked what bands she’s seeing. She listed them & said the guy she’s going with wants to see this one band. I asked if she’s seeing him, & she said

her: yea I think it’s a date, but I’m not sure. he didn’t make it clear.
    me: I can stay away at the festival if it helps
    her: it might be a good idea just in case
    me: ok, wish it was me and not him! Have fun
    her: thx you too
    me: let me know if you wanna meet up next week
    her: maybe Sunday. Worst case scenario Wednesday

Thoughts? Is she’s not interested? Saying it’s a good idea to stay away tomorrow seems weird. & if she isn’t interested, why suggest Wednesday?

josephddiazz
    Participant
    December 13, 2016 at 11:24 am #119954

It seems like she wants to date you both and see what works better for her… If you’re OK with that good! If not, walk away buddy!

Woofiez
    Woofiez
    Participant
    December 13, 2016 at 5:47 pm #120046

Hmm, from a girl, she might have been trying to flirt with you. She might also have been trying to make you jealous with another guy. Another possible idea is that she just wants to be friends. Since I don’t personally know the girl, I couldn’t tell which one of these it is. Since you know her the best here, Ill leave it up to you 🙂