Time between first and second date

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:39 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

fireys
    fireys
    Participant
    January 13, 2017 at 2:21 pm #122973

I went on a date on Sunday. We had drinks starting 6pm, time flew, we ended up having dinner, and drinks again. We spent nearly 6 hours together. I enjoyed a lot. Since he didn’t make the move to leave, is it safe to assume that he enjoyed it as well? He texted me once, and I initiated texting him once. Does the woman initiating texting make her seem clingy and make the man lose interest? Also, what is the usual gap between the first and second date?

MizzKat15
    MizzKat15
    Participant
    January 13, 2017 at 5:14 pm #123023

Hi! I think it is beyond safe to say that he enjoyed the date and your company. Just like you mentioned he did not try to flee and you guys spent hours together. Now in regards to the woman texting first I do not think that is a bad thing at all nor does it show that you can be clingy. Unless of course you have texted him multiple times without him responding, then yes oh my gosh that would definitely be a red flag. I think the usual gap should be no longer than perhaps a week, week in a half tops, unless of course your schedules do not coincide. But if he replies he is totally into you I mean who would spend six hours with someone they didn’t like. Best of luck!!

Countryangel707
    Participant
    January 14, 2017 at 8:52 am #123046

I think it means he likes you as well.

emergingmarket
    Participant
    January 15, 2017 at 6:47 pm #123073

Definitely sounds promising. I wouldn’t put too much emphasis on exactly a week between 1st and second. If you’re both professionals scheduling needs to be a bit flexible (definitely at the beginning).If you’re in touch and there is a clear interest in a second date then I would not worry at all!

fireys
    fireys
    Participant
    January 17, 2017 at 8:50 am #123233

No. Never sent more than two texts in a row. 🙂

fireys
    fireys
    Participant
    January 17, 2017 at 8:50 am #123232

Thank you all for your help!

fireys
    fireys
    Participant
    January 17, 2017 at 8:50 am #123237

Do guys date multiple women simultaneously if its from a dating site/app?

kellyyyrose
    Participant
    January 17, 2017 at 9:49 pm #123363

This is exactly my issue too. I am wondering the same thing.

confusedsin
    Participant
    January 18, 2017 at 4:47 pm #123551
    Reply To: Time between first and second date

I think this is the start to something awesome! Don’t think too much into it and if you want this to work, be completely yourself. If you want to text him then text him! Don’t tripple text him but don’t be shy to initiate the conversation or hangout more than once. The guy I am seeing now sounds like this on our first date and I literally make all the plans but Its because I dont want to wait around wondering if he will initiate them or not. Guys try to play it cool just like us, I dont think it has much to do with men vs women so far as what type of person he is. Ask him out, and put yourself in your partners shoes, wouldn’t you want them to ask you out first? Why not just do it and see what happens.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    January 18, 2017 at 6:17 pm #123569

Does the female texting first make it seem like she’s clingy?
    No. Men actually LIKE this because it’s so refreshing for a woman to have the confidence to initiate, or pay, or not expect the man to do evrything. As long as you don’t overdo it like a stalker would demanding our world be centered around you and act out of context it’s a great thing and to your advantage! Strong confident women are sexy!

What’s the standard “gap” between first two dates?
    There is no standard, because life has a way of dictating our schedules. let’s say your first date was during the Holidays – i would hardly expect people to get together a ton during the holidays after only 1 date due to all the travelling and family obligations see? As opposed to let’s say Jan 23 when not much is going on as opposed to say the summer when people may have vacations planned…. so there IS NO standard… as long as it’s all in context and seems reasonable.

Communications between dates is probably more indicative.

confusedsin
    Participant
    January 19, 2017 at 8:53 am #123573

I agree! I made all the first moves over and over and it seems to be working fine.

fireys
    fireys
    Participant
    January 25, 2017 at 2:44 pm #124501

Hey people, he texted me. We exchanged a few texts this weekend, but he hasn’t asked me for a date yet. Is it likely that I am just a backup, and he is not actually interested?