TINDER DATE AFTER MONTH

DATING ADVICE FORUM

TINDER DATE AFTER MONTH

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 8:15 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

datingnoob
    Participant
    March 8, 2017 at 6:39 pm #129511
    TINDER DATE AFTER MONTH

This guy, “Rob”, from Tinder and I have been talking together for a little under a month now. I clearly stated from the start that I wasn’t interested in a hookup, so if that’s what he’s looking for then he shouldn’t waste his time with me. He told me that he’s not and so we exchanged numbers and have been talking everyday.

Our conversations were not the best, but he always tried his best to talk to me everyday..even if it were a few texts back and forth. He always asked me about my day. He asked me out every weekend, but in fear of meeting up with a stranger, I pushed it off until I was comfortable. During these few weeks of talking, we had face timed and everything. We were going so well and I thought he was truly being genuine so I stirred up the courage on Sunday night to ask him to hang out.

On Monday night, I drove to his house and we went out to dinner. I was super nervous so it was a bit quieter and awkward here and there but overall it went well. He tried paying for me, but I asked if I could just split the check. He let me but he insisted to pay for my ice cream. With ice cream, we headed to his place.

When we got to his place, he showed me around. Showed me his room, books, etc. Then he asked if I wanted to watch a movie and suggested that I sit with him on his couch. At first he just laid his head on me, then soon enough we were cuddling. Things just progressed and we made out. I had to stop him when things started moving more, and insisted that we take things slow. I said, “I really like you, but we should take things slow”. So he got up and agreed to take things slow. As the movie progressed we continued, but I made sure to keep anything from moving further.

When the movie ended, I suggested that I go home. And he checked the time and said he’d walk me out. He walked me to my car and we hugged and he kissed my hair and said “talk again”

I never got a “did you get home safely” text or anything. NO TEXT AT ALL since Monday night.

I’m worried because I thought things went well, but I’m guessing it didn’t from his point of view?

Did he just want a hookup? What should I even think about this situation? Should I even bother texting him first? Do I wait?

• This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  datingnoob.

BlunderBuss
    Participant
    March 8, 2017 at 7:51 pm #129518

Maybe he wanted a hookup, but if I were him I wouldn’t have put in that much effort to sleep with someone who was that clear that they didn’t want a hookup. It seems like a waste of time, and it seems disrespectful to you. Maybe he felt like the date didn’t go that well? I would text him. Everyone’s texting etiquette is different. If the texting conversations weren’t great, he might not be that into or good at texting, or even be aware that the norm is to text the next day.

datingnoob
    Participant
    March 10, 2017 at 4:55 pm #129822

So I texted him Wednesday night at 8pm “hey” and he replied at 9pm saying “hi. I’m still working”
    he also hasn’t been active on Facebook since tuesday night.
    he hasn’t texted me ever since either…idk what to really make of it

King_of_Steven
    Participant
    March 11, 2017 at 4:38 pm #129845

I’m extremely skeptical of Tinder and people’s intentions on it. There seem to be a lot of guys there who, according to a female friend, will do just about anything to get a hookup. It isn’t out of the question.
    Have you tried to text him and see what’s going on since? Like: “Is everything ok? Haven’t heard from you” or something like that. It’s possible he just thought you going home was a sign you weren’t interested. This lets him know that wasn’t the case.

datingnoob
    Participant
    March 14, 2017 at 9:04 am #129932

“Just want to make sure we’re on the same page, but do you not want to talk anymore?” – me

“If you don’t want to. I’ve just been so busy at work and off work. I don’t want to waste your time! I hope you’ve been doing well. I’m sleeping now though. We can talk more tomorrow? ” – him

datingnoob
    Participant
    March 14, 2017 at 9:04 am #129933

So UPDATE:

1. On Wednesday night, I texted him “hey” and he said he was still working
    2. Friday night, he texted me but I couldn’t reply till Saturday morning. He never replied to me
    3. I texted him this last night:

“Just want to make sure we’re on the same page, but do you not want to talk anymore?” – me

“If you don’t want to. I’ve just been so busy at work and off work. I don’t want to waste your time! I hope you’ve been doing well. I’m sleeping now though. We can talk more tomorrow? ” – him

PeterArnold
    Participant
    March 14, 2017 at 1:15 pm #130036

I would not use Tinder guys