Tired of being neglected

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Tired of being neglected

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:51 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

rrenee2016
    rrenee2016
    Participant
    April 23, 2016 at 6:37 pm #98603
    Tired of being neglected

I’ve been dating my bf for 3 years now, we have a great friendship and always have fun together, and he claims that he loves me but my main issue here is that it seems that he doesn’t like to “date”. We’re on different work schedules, I work 1st shift, he works 3rd. When we first met he’d take me out for lunch quite often during the week without me even asking but we didn’t spend much time going out on the weekends (usually just spent the weekends at his place or mine relaxing). I have gotten a new job that’s about 45 minutes out from our side of town so he never comes for lunch anymore but sometimes he wants me to go to lunch with him (in the evening since he works a late shift). We rarely go out on the weekends because he’s either working overtime or clubbing with his friends (this year we’ve been on 3 planned dates outside of going out for lunch around once or twice a week). We’ve only been out of town once since we’ve been together yet he goes on an avg of 6 trips with his friends

rrenee2016
    rrenee2016
    Participant
    April 23, 2016 at 6:38 pm #98604

CONT’D: yearly, sometimes only planning weeks ahead but when I ask about going on a trip months ahead he’ll tell me he “can’t make any promises”. I’ve met and gone out with his immediate family and his best friends multiple times so I’m pretty sure he’s not trying to keep me a secret but what is it? I’m starting to think he just wants to have a relationship without putting in the effort. We’ve had conversations multiple times about it and he gets mad and says I’m just trying to ruin his fun with his friends. Is it time to call it quits? He’s 28 I’m 25

coldturkey
    Participant
    April 26, 2016 at 12:56 pm #98817

Yes..woman ..get the hell out. He is taking you for granted and not appreciating you..PLUS he sounds very immature.The fact that he would rather go out clubbing with his friends instead of taking turns…you and then his friends…and not wanting to go on trips with you BUT I’m sure he would in a heartbeat with his friends…it’s time to dump his ass…