To be lame or not to be lame, that is the question.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• College2020
    Participant
    August 31, 2016 at 8:50 pm #110302

Okay, I have a crush on, let’s call him X. So X and I’s families have been close for a long time. My grandmother babysat him and his sister and now babysits for his sister. I have also babysat his niece and nephews. Anyway, he is five years older than me, we’ve known each other since I was born, and now by happenstance we are both living in the same town. He moved here for a job, I for college. My mom is really close to his sister I mentioned before. Like really close because my mom is really outgoing and people love her. I did not inherit that gene. To continue, my mom and I are close so she knows that I like X and has threatened to tell his sister. Because I’m too shy to make a first move, and we don’t see each other too often, I was wondering if it would be a good idea to have my mom mention my crush to his sister, who is older than him, in a subtle way. This is really lame of me but I’m tired of asking “What if”. Please help me decide on this issue. I know it’s like totally lame 🙂

NewYorkNewYork
    Participant
    August 31, 2016 at 11:06 pm #110303

Only thing to fear is fear itself

Oswin
    Participant
    September 1, 2016 at 3:51 am #110316

You would be better of hanging out with him more, just the two of you and seeing how thing’s go. Guy’s often don’t get subtlety. If you’re too nervous to ask him to make plans just the two of you, why not get your mum to arrange something with all 3 of you, then have her disappear half way through and give you guys some time alone to have a bit of a flirt?