To facebook? Or not?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

To facebook? Or not?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:07 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

bizie.be
    Participant
    December 31, 2013 at 12:10 am #45483
    To facebook? Or not?

Alright….there is a guy that I works in my building that I am interested in. We haven’t really had the opportunity to interact face to face with each other. However, I know who he is and I know he knows who I am. Our matchmaking coworkers have been at work and all I’ve heard about the last month is that I need to meet him. They have even took liberties to team up with the his immediate coworkers and they think its a good idea as well.
    I’ve heard my number has been given and was told that this guy feels like it is unnatural to call me before we have actually met. Problem is— we are both on the shy side I think. We’ve seen each other at work but always at times where it is not opportune to officially introduce ourselves or chat.
    The single girl stalker in me noticed he does have a facebook. Would it be weird to message him or request to be friends? Part of me says it is kinda stalkerish. However, the other part says– why not? I don’t have anything to loose. Thoughts?

rimiahuja
    rimiahuja
    Participant
    January 1, 2014 at 5:44 am #45490

I think you should talk frankly and straight.

agk8450
    Participant
    January 2, 2014 at 6:52 pm #45669

Be professional about it. You are not in highschool anymore so go and talk to him in person. Just ask him how his day was or if you see if getting coffee or eating lunch, ask him what he is eating. Small questions can lead to big conversations and at the end ask for a number to talk later.

brayden_95
    Participant
    January 3, 2014 at 10:07 am #45680

Really, you cant go wrong by any way that you contact him. You just have to do it and be calm and confident.

blankcanary
    Participant
    January 5, 2014 at 1:13 am #45832

It would be better to talk to him in person. Talking behind a screen can ease some tension and stress, but it may give him the wrong impression.

Peanutbear3
    Participant
    January 5, 2014 at 9:23 pm #45836

I think it would be weird to add him if you haven’t even talked. Can your mutual friends not arrange drinks after work or something when the 2 of you can chat properly?

ssa123
    Participant
    January 12, 2014 at 2:29 am #45911

Talk in person first – even just a hey, how are you every now and then. Once you’ve exchanged a few friendly small talk conversations, then its ok to move things online.

bizie.be
    Participant
    January 19, 2014 at 12:20 am #46145

Ok…an update.
    I was able to meet him last week. We were both sitting at the same table for a meeting, so I started some small talk and introduced myself. We talked for a bit and then had to stop for the meeting. I unfortunately didn’t see him the rest of the day.
    I then thought “why not?” and added him on facebook later that night. He accepted a few days later.

It does not appear he is a big facebooker. So I guess my question is what next? I feel like I initiated talking/introduction in person. I also think the friend request was a bit of a “green light” that I am interested in getting to know him. Do I make an attempt to message him on there? Ask him out? Or is the ball in his court and if he is interested he will act on it?

Hammerhead
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:43 pm #46147

Can you make a group date with a few co-workers (including him) so that way it takes the social pressure off of being a “date”?

Hammerhead
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:43 pm #46206

Yes! Facebook is a totally cool way to start interactions. Obviously you will want to move it offline when possible, but to start I would say go right ahead

Hammerhead
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:44 pm #46207

Yes! Facebook is a totally cool way to start interactions. Obviously, you will eventually want to turn it into a date, but to start out I would say go for it!

pa128
    pa128
    Participant
    April 8, 2014 at 12:42 pm #50744
    Reply To: To facebook? Or not?

I’d make more of an effort to connect with him in the workplace. If you see him, go out of your way to ask him how he is and try chatting in person. That’ll help break the ice more.