to text or not to text

DATING ADVICE FORUM

to text or not to text

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:07 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

bellamae
    bellamae
    Participant
    August 15, 2015 at 7:50 pm #84161
    to text or not to text

I met a guy for coffee on Thursday and had a lot of fun, we talked for 2 hours and had a great time. Toward the end of the date he explained he had friends coming into town but that he wanted to get together next week. I don’t want to come on to forward, but would like to text him. could i just send a short text saying i had a good time, or should i wait for him to text me? If I do send a text what should I say?

as you can probably tell i don’t have a lot of experience dating, and have no idea what to do :3

wolfqueen
    Participant
    August 15, 2015 at 11:37 pm #84163

Since it is only first date I would wait. He is busy with friends so don’t be surprised if he doesn’t text you… but he might. WHen he plans a romantic get together and you guys have an amazing time, it will be more appropriate to text and say ‘thanks for such an awesome time’ or something like that on the next day. But you will only do that like a few times by comparison to how many times you should let him take the lead in most of these things.

mockingJD
    Participant
    August 16, 2015 at 8:38 am #84165

Wait. He said he wanted to get together so let him make good on his word. If he doesn’t, then you have all the information you need and no harm done.

Read This
    Participant
    August 18, 2015 at 11:47 am #84312

Everyone who makes a reply is only speaking for themself. So this is my reply…and I can only speak for myself,
    So here it is:
    I am a man and if I meet a woman that I like, I would love to hear from her, by text, email, especially if they were to call me.
    And if I did hear from her, it’s not a turn off at all.
    And if any other guys do get turned off by this, and there may be some….they’re jerks.

Hyperion123
    Participant
    September 4, 2015 at 1:33 pm #85125

Text him…

YuriEuro
    YuriEuro
    Participant
    September 6, 2015 at 9:59 am #85175

Lot of guys like that girls text first,and will make him understand that you are interested.

12mustangjenn
    Participant
    September 6, 2015 at 3:03 pm #85197

I don’t see any harm in sending him a text telling him you had a good time on your date. This shows him you were interested, without seeming pushy. Don’t get upset if it takes him a day or two to get back to you, as he did say he has company coming. However, if you don’t hear from him in a few days, write it off as him not being interested. If he is interested, he will get back to you. Please don’t take it personally if he doesn’t get back to you. it was only one date, so hard to say whether he really was interested or not. But, if you send him a text telling him you had a great time, look forward to meeting him again, this removes any doubt he might have about how you may feel.

arose89
    Participant
    September 6, 2015 at 3:30 pm #85199

Text him. You never know, he may be thinking the same thing.

Anonymous
    September 7, 2015 at 6:39 am #85226

hiiii..guys i reached up your comment , hope that i’ll get lot of info from your blog