To text or not to text

DATING ADVICE FORUM

To text or not to text

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:38 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonymous
    September 9, 2015 at 8:47 pm #85318
    To text or not to text

The guy i like hasnt texted me in a couple a days, and when i see him at work he doesn’t really acknowledge me. We’ve hooked up a couple of times before and talked about us but when I’m not with him he doesnt really text me or calls me. I have to put the effort in us going out on the weekend because he’s too tired or busy (playing his games) on the weekdays. I understand that because guys are guys. His excuse for this is the fact he hasnt had a girlfriend for 2-3 years now and doesn’t know on how to be a boyfriend. Should I text him or approach him at work? or should i wait for him??

angelita_j
    Participant
    September 14, 2015 at 8:18 am #85357

I’m that person that would confront the situation. I say go for it, that way you know whether or not you’re wasting your time.

redroses1234
    Participant
    September 15, 2015 at 12:17 am #85435

you said “he doesn’t know how to be a boyfriend,” which is just an excuse and something to say to not be in a relationship at the moment. I would proceed with caution.

missriss
    Participant
    September 18, 2015 at 12:16 am #85573

I think you should confront him. Maybe call because things get misinterpreted over text and it might be awkward for you to bring it up at work. I would just tell him that you feel as if he isn’t making the time or effort needed for a relationship and that you need to know what he really wants or else you’re going to move on

ski85
    Participant
    September 18, 2015 at 10:45 am #85583

I would ask him if he is really interested in you or not. Wasting time in someone who doesn’t like you will not be good for either of you. Guys being guys is not an excuse to me. If he likes you, he should be making an effort, even if it is just talking to you. If he has time for video games and not you, he obviously is not interested and I would move along.

BBGirl
    Participant
    September 19, 2015 at 2:30 pm #85613

It sounds like he isn’t really interested in a relationship right now but he might like you more than he realises, if it was me I would make him come to me, so don’t text him or go out of your way to talk to him, if he comes up to you then talk to him but basically play hard to get. you will be able to see how much he likes you by how much he tries to talk to you or to meet up with you.

jakejake2115
    Participant
    September 20, 2015 at 12:07 am #85617

Ask him to hangout again and see if he wants a relationship, but dont keep bothering him if he isnt interested. Its probably just because hes really busy

jackson621
    Participant
    September 20, 2015 at 4:15 pm #85625

Oh gosh, I totally know how you feel. I realize it’s hard, but I’d wait for him to come to you or have a very blunt conversation with him about where things are going. It’s not fair to you if he knows now it’s going no where. Better to get out now, than later when you’re more invested.

Manlymanlover285
    Manlymanlover285
    Participant
    September 20, 2015 at 7:57 pm #85630

When a guy is interested or really likes you, he will go out of this way to spend time with you and contact you. Unless you are willing to do the chasing and willing to deal with him being distant all the time, I would say kiss it goodbye. Think about how you would really want a guy to court you and how you would want a relationship to go. Does this guy live up to the standards that you see in a potential mate? If not, then stop fooling yourself and move on. As much as we all do not want to play games, dating can be like a game. Any sense of desperation or a guy knowing that he can walk all over you, he will. So don’t contact him, and if he contacts you to hang (especially if it is last minute) then say you are busy and take a raincheck. Act as though he isn’t even there, and if he comes around and court you in a way that you want then cool…if not, then move on. I do agree with the others, him stating that he doesn’t know how to act like a boyfriend is bs.

Conflicetedwhattodo
    Participant
    September 20, 2015 at 10:09 pm #85634
    Reply To: To text or not to text

just go for it

markjp12
    Participant
    September 20, 2015 at 11:18 pm #85639

Text him see what happens say he doesn’t respond or doesn’t care then try to move on

Uncertain20
    Participant
    September 21, 2015 at 11:13 pm #85669

Text him see what happens say he doesn’t respond or doesn’t care then try to move on

Yeah