DATING ADVICE FORUM

To text or not to text?

Author
    Comments

• bpelectric
    Participant
    April 27, 2017 at 9:44 am #134589
    To text or not to text?

I have been doing the online dating thing off and on for about a year. I recently signed back up for a few days and met someone right away, we met for coffee on Monday and we had a great conversation and connection. Before we were done coffee he asked to take me out to dinner next week. (We live two hours away from each other). I happily agreed. We had exchanged numbers as well. When I got home I had checked my messages on the dating site and there was a message from him saying how nice it was to meet me and how he would like to see me again. I am not a fan of communicating thru the dating site so suggested that he can text anytime. So far he has not. I decided the next day to delete my profile but thought I would send him a message to explain that besides him I hadn’t been meeting anyone of substance and that I was going to leave the site but that he has my number and he can reach me that way. I haven’t heard from him. So, my question is this: Do I reach out to him?

eddieb
    Participant
    April 27, 2017 at 12:16 pm #134621

You’ve already met him in person for coffee and it went well. He already asked you out for a dinner date and you already accepted, so he’s apparently not triggering anything on the safety angle (trust your gut). I agree with the above regarding safety, parking, phone numbers, stuff like that. This should already be part of your dating procedure anyway. You can also get those pre-paid phones and pre-paid credit cards (as well as bringing cash) so that you can hand out the pre-paid phone number instead of your main one. It gives you a little more security and more options.

Coming at it from the viewpoint of the guy, if I had a real date lined up from an online dating service and the woman deleted her profile, I would consider the possibility that that meant the woman was no longer interested in anything from that dating service, including me. Don’t assume HIM not texting YOU is lack of interest on his part. He could just be trying to respect your boundaries.

al0324
    Participant
    April 27, 2017 at 1:26 pm #134645

I am tend to be the kind of girl to reach out. If it feels right and you want to see him again why not?!

I was in a relationship a while back and he told me that if I didn’t reach out we would have never been together because he was too scared to reach out and for some reason thought I wasn’t interested in a second date.

bellemelodieux
    Participant
    April 28, 2017 at 2:31 am #134724

if he actually wants to date you, he will text. if he isn’t interested enough to have the balls to text you without the app, then it’s his loss.

Whitneyelle
    Participant
    April 29, 2017 at 10:39 am #134926

He will text if interested