told my hookup he was too old now he Dont want to talk

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hoppyashop
    Participant
    August 5, 2014 at 3:43 pm #58839

So started hooking up with a guy, that I work with, he’s technically old enough to be Meh dad, but he’s hot and doesn’t look his age and has no kids. Well I started to evaluate my life and told him he’s too old for me and it makes me feel weird now. I know I led him on.
    Now he doesn’t want to talk to me or hangout outside of work at all He said I now made home feel weird for my ageist point of view on him, and it wouldn’t be appropriate BC he doesn’t want to feel uncomfortable. He also said I offended him BC I said he was too old for me. Am I wrong? I really like him as a person but Dont want to lose my friend. I tried to explain myself and he said I just made things worse. How can I fix this? Or can I?
    I feel so bad BC he’s a great guy and I’m just young and dumb

caliv0608
    caliv0608
    Participant
    August 8, 2014 at 10:27 pm #59081

Sounds like you hurt his feelings pretty bad. Telling someone he’s too old probably made him feel like he was being a dirty old man, even though you were clearly interested in him.

The best you can do is apologize for hurting his feelings and let him know that while you realized you weren’t comfortable in a relationship, you think he’s cool and you enjoy his company. But more than likely, the friendship has been broken. Give it time… let him chill and maybe after a while he’ll be ready to rebuild the friendship.