Too busy to talk/ hang out

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:40 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

DublinD4
    Participant
    March 30, 2016 at 2:12 pm #96845

I met this guy maybe a week before valentines day. He’s around my age, mid-twenties, and he’s actually still in school. I believe he’s taking 21 credits (Not all from the same school, some are online) which is a TON. I couldn’t handle all that even if I was working. He also works two part time jobs and plays sports for the school, who are paying him to play there.

When I met him, we hung out maybe 1-2 times/week. We had great chemistry and he was such a gentleman. Things were going great. Then he got really busy with exams, classes, everything the past month to where he was barely talking to me. I mentioned this and he reminded me of his schedule and that this is his priority right now. To finish up school. I get that, but come on, a text goodnight would have satisfied me! So I gave him a hard time about it like 2 more times, and I think he might be a bit fed up (even though he reminded me in a very polite way). He doesn’t text at all the past couple days.

I just don’t get it.

DublinD4
    Participant
    March 30, 2016 at 2:14 pm #96846

And you’re probably thinking: Come on girl, don’t waste your time. BUT it’s VERY rare that I’m into and attracted to someone. I met this guy and after the 1st/2nd time hanging out, I was thinking “Wow, this is what I’ve been waiting for” I’m so into this guy and it feels great to like someone like this.

lauren3990
    Participant
    April 4, 2016 at 3:00 pm #96995

I would give him some space and reach out to him in a few weeks once school is over. If he doesn’t reciprocate after that, then let it go. You don’t need anyone who won’t make time for you anyway!

Trell
    Trell
    Participant
    April 5, 2016 at 12:14 am #97003

True indeed