too early to get him a birthday present?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:18 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

bzrzxy
    Participant
    September 8, 2015 at 12:28 am #85258

So, met this guy about a month ago and we started going on dates. Nothing crazy, we keep it simple like a movie or an abnormally long walk or visit to the beach/state park. We both work a lot so really only have been on a handful of dates. We seem to have clicked, usually end the date by planning another one or at least a “had a really good time, lets do something again”.

His birthday is coming up…and wrapping presents is right up there with folding laundry for me…so I want to get him something. So my question is, is it too soon to get him gifts? And would it come off weird? Six dates and a month of knowing each other.

Semsem371
    Participant
    September 8, 2015 at 4:54 pm #85289

You can get him something but nothing too expensive, its the thought that counts in this type of situation and then again only do so if you feel that hes worth it and from what you said you guys click so you can totally go for it

Hurt123
    Participant
    September 8, 2015 at 8:30 pm #85305

I would get him just a nice card

garfield82
    Participant
    October 11, 2015 at 8:38 pm #86779

Just get him a small token

Bohrddude
    Participant
    January 7, 2016 at 4:50 pm #91280

In the past when I’ve run into this issue I’ve just cooked dinner for the guy one night near his birthday (early in a relationship it seems like a bad call to try and do it on their birthday, since they probably want to celebrate with more than just you). It’s doing something nice to celebrate, but also something that would otherwise fit within the context of a newer relationship.