Too fast or not enough?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Too fast or not enough?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 2:48 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

owl81
    Participant
    November 18, 2014 at 11:16 pm #67755
    Too fast or not enough?

Being newer to the online dating scene I’m not too sure of the new rules to dating. Being the last time I dated was conventional dating and before online was a good option. Met a guy online had a Friday date at his local bar, Saturday and Sunday we texted, and Monday he asked me join him at his local bar for his standing monday poker night. I’ve enjoyed getting to know him, I think I like him and want to keep seeing him for future dates. Oh, we’ve ended both dates with passionate kisses too.

Need advice on how much texting and calling should happen between dates. Personally I like a lot of communication, but do guys? I want him to know I’m really interested, but I don’t want to come across as needy. I’m not, I just happen to think he is some one I don’t want to slip through the cracks.

Guys how frequently and what type of communication do you from a girl?

Anonymous
    November 29, 2014 at 12:23 pm #68322

Take it on an case by case basis, but I’ve found that as the guy, showing too much eagerness too early can be a turnoff. Don’t pester them, but also be nice and don’t make them wait like you don’t care.

divine2014
    Participant
    December 3, 2014 at 1:11 am #68586

too fast.. 🙂

Rachel88
    Rachel88
    Participant
    December 9, 2014 at 8:48 am #68905

I know you asked for a man’s opinion, but as I am also new on the dating scene, I thought I should share one thing I have learned about messaging/talking to men – less is more.

I’m not saying to ignore them or play silly games, but texting/messaging/calling isn’t the same to men as it is to women. When a woman is interested in a man it’s very easy to lose touch or forget that she had a life before she knew this man, and she still has one now. You can show your interest in what you say or when you’re together, just carry on living your life, doing the day-to-day, talking to other men so that you don’t waste time wondering what messaging/not messaging means. He will appreciate more that you’re your own person but can still make time for him. If he’s still showing you that he’s interested by arranging to meet with you for dates etc. then there’s no need to worry.

elderwaist
    elderwaist
    Participant
    December 10, 2014 at 1:26 pm #69003

i think there is no number if how much, you have to be yourself and text as much as you want, if it will be too much for your match than he doesnt fit you and you will find the other one. These days people are too much trying to do everything for the match, even if it cost to handfuff themselves and after few years being together start being themselves and that big change are not understandable to partner…