Too High Maintenance (sorta)

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:45 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Deft Squirrel
    Participant
    January 29, 2017 at 1:24 pm #124891

I love my current girlfriend to death, I really do. However, she needs ridiculous amounts of emotional support. I’m a guy who likes his alone time, a lot. However she legitimately cannot go a day without me there. She respects me when I say no I don’t want to visit, text, or Skype, or whatever, but I know it crushes her to do so, and as a very… compassionate person, it crushes me to say no. She’s believes that nobody really likes her, shje has.a fear of failure, she sometimes says that the only thing she’s good for is sex, she feels that shes incompetent compared to her family, she has body image problems, and primarily she believes that one day I’ll “realize that she’s not worth it, and leave”.

Her needs are honestly fatiguing. I don’t know what to do. I’m the only person she feels comfortable with, and I could never drop her, she means too much to me, and I care too much about her. But I can’t go on living as her only solace in life, it’s ruining my own. I don’t know what to do.