Too much too soon?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Too much too soon?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 11:48 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

happygolucky13
    Participant
    November 5, 2017 at 1:01 am #155097
    Too much too soon?

I think I already know the answer to this one. But here goes. There’s a girl in work that I would like to take out and get to know ideally at the end of this month to a live gig I already have tickets to. That in itself isn’t too strange. The weird part is that it’s in London. We’re in Wales.
    That would mean a long train journey, then dinner and the show, plus staying the night (separate rooms or twin beds whichever she’s more comfortable with) then the next morning and a train back.
    If it’s too awkward, there’s no easy way for either of us to leave given the situation. Unfortunately because I have my kids during my downtime at work I can’t take her on a couple of dates the weeks leading up very easily.
    I feel stupid asking for advice on this because I feel I know the answer, but I need guidance. We don’t work directly with each other, she’s on 9-5 and I work 12 hour shifts days and nights. So if it’s doesn’t work it will be okay. It’s the instant ‘all in’ nature of the situation.

JessC
    Participant
    November 6, 2017 at 1:57 am #155149

It might be too soon. Can you invite another friend instead and court her in a more traditional manner? She might be a spontaneous girl and jump at the chance to go on an overnight trip to London, but if you can’t take her on dates leading up to the concert she might feel awkward accepting. I would hold off on asking her to a concert far away. At least for now. 🙂

sikkiness
    Participant
    November 6, 2017 at 6:39 pm #155323

It might be too soon