Too soon to have the talk?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2017 at 1:54 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

al0324
    Participant
    April 23, 2017 at 11:07 pm #134115

I’ve been seeing a guy for a month now. We have met up a total of 4 times, but we don’t talk/text when we are not together. I really like him. When we are together everything is perfect. But now I’m starting to wonder if he is seeing other people. Is it too soon to ask him what the deal is between us? I don’t need him to commit right away, but I want to make sure we are on the same page. I eventually want a more serious relationship.

ErMoscio
    Participant
    April 24, 2017 at 7:20 am #134118

As a guy I think that you should talk about it. I personally try to have the talk as soon as possible.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    April 24, 2017 at 12:10 pm #134176

if you’re not calling it exclusive – then its too early to ask. and you should go by how things have gone between you two rather than how you feel (remember.. we tend to “over feel” early on). So what has transpired between you two? what have you talked about?

knowing more of that will paint a better picture to determine if it’s too soon or not to talk exclusivity.

the golden rule is: if it’s going to catch them off guard – definitely the wrong time. if it seems like you already figured it out together and it’s “a bit late to bring it up”, then its probably appropriate.

good luck.

surprisetr1angle
    Participant
    April 24, 2017 at 3:19 pm #134237

A month isn’t too soon but I think four meetups is.

lalaland
    Participant
    April 26, 2017 at 1:52 am #134408

follow your heart, he can only say hes not ready or he is

dihahey
    Participant
    April 26, 2017 at 11:53 pm #134536

I think it’s too early to have the talk. As a woman, I completely understand how you are feeling but I would hold out. Keep your options open. How do YOU really know after 4 dates of he is sometime that can make you happy?

Mr. Priest
    Participant
    April 27, 2017 at 2:04 pm #134648

You should see him a few more times and then have that talk otherwise you might frighten him

al0324
    Participant
    April 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm #134689

Thanks everyone!