Totally confused but should know better

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:20 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

scottya
    scottya
    Participant
    November 29, 2014 at 8:47 pm #68357

Ive been dating this woman for 3 months met her on FB. But have been knowing of her for years. Ok so we start dating and after about a month she asks me to be her bf and I gladly agree. Seems like things got wierder after that, I would send some text, they wouldnt get responded. Id call get no call back sometimes…a few days w/o contact at times. Imnot demanding at all. So I suggest to her maybe we arent on the same page. Nkt sure why we cant communicate, she gets upset and dosent want to be together anymore. And needs time to evaluate things. This was over a month ago and we’ve been out numerous times since. Ive asked a few times where we’re headed and I want to work it out. Get the same response of “still thinking about it”. We text almost everyday and she doesn’t like talking by phone much. Im confused and somewhat frustrated as to what to think. Because I almost feel misled…..we made plans a few days ago to do something tomorrow. Apparentlyshe forgot we were meeting, im stuck!

just_chelsea
    just_chelsea
    Participant
    November 30, 2014 at 2:14 am #68364

Honestly, she’s probably unsure of things because there’s another person in her life that she also has feelings for. Maybe she’s having trouble letting go of them or maybe she’s confused because she likes you but doesn’t know how to fully move on. It would be best to take a step back and let her come to you so she doesn’t feel overwhelmed. If a relationship with you is what she definitely wants, it’ll happen. You just have to give it time.

m47131
    m47131
    Participant
    November 30, 2014 at 3:28 am #68367

I agree with chelsea. There is probably another guy in the picture and she is toying you. The more you hang around the more pain you’ll endure. Walk way now and start talking to other women. Stop calling and texting her. If she wants you she will make sure it happens. Good luck

123HarryT
    Participant
    November 30, 2014 at 4:00 pm #68385

Honestly man, I think she’s got another guy on the go. Talk to other women as well as her, I’m not saying cheat, just let her know your not under her thumb and she’ll come running back to you if she wants you. Good luck dude

scottya
    scottya
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 9:25 am #68366

Honestly, she’s probably unsure of things because there’s another person in her life that she also has feelings for. Maybe she’s having trouble letting go of them or maybe she’s confused because she likes you but doesn’t know how to fully move on. It would be best to take a step back and let her come to you so she doesn’t feel overwhelmed. If a relationship with you is what she definitely wants, it’ll happen. You just have to give it time. [/quote

Thanks for your input just_chelsea. I was wanting not to believe that she may be seeing someone. But its been on my mind. In all honesty do you think I should ask if she may be interested in someone else? The thing is when I do back away (and have tried) she always makes contact so it makes it hard for me to even try to recover. At least if I knew the truth or asked there would be a basis to do so.

scottya
    scottya
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 9:25 am #68368

Thanks. Things is I’ve tried walking away and not calling/texting. She always ends up contacting. Should I just ask if shes interested in someone? Or just tell her unless we’re together Im not interested in making contact?

scottya
    scottya
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 9:25 am #68369

Ive walked away, or tried before but she always contacts me in.the process. Should I ask if she interested in.someone and utilize that as a catalyst for my decision?

scottya
    scottya
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 9:26 am #68371

Should I as if she is interested in someone? Everytime I walk away she contacts me

scottya
    scottya
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 9:26 am #68370

Ive tried walking away but she ends up contacting me in the process. Should I ask if shes interested in someone else? And utilize that as a basis to keep it moving?

SCO
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 6:53 pm #68502
    Reply To: Totally confused but should know better

Ehhh… The fact that she wanted to rush into a relationship after 1 month, based strongly off Facebook chats… For me personally, I would bail and seek something with a bit more sustinence elsewhere.

fps truth
    Participant
    December 2, 2014 at 8:12 pm #68569
    Reply To: Totally confused but should know better

Good job