Totally confused on where I stand with my new friend

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Confused_one
    Participant
    June 7, 2016 at 3:28 pm #102408

I met a woman about a year ago. We have been just acquaintances until recently. Started seeing each other more often out with friends. Out of nowhere she text me and we made plans to go to a music festival together. Spent the day together and had a great time. About a week later she asks if she can come by my house and hang out, we stayed up most of the night talking. The next night she invites me to her place to hang out. same thing, hung out all night. Then we started going out together to eat, watch bands, etc. We’re spending a lot of time together and I’m just getting more into her with every hour. Our mutual friends start to make comments to me about how good of a couple we make. I tried to give her a peck on the cheek and she leaned away. She then text me later with a kiss emoji thanking me for the drinks…
    Since then she has texted more and we’ve hung out lots doing date like stuff, but no physical intimacy at all. It’s very confusing. Am I friendzoned? I’m very confused.

monicat8
    monicat8
    Participant
    June 8, 2016 at 11:20 pm #102548

If she did not even accept a peck on the cheek, she’s just not into you. But obviously she likes you, she just doesn’t “feel it” for you. Make the effort to learn how to get inside of her head. This could very well turn around for you.

Confused_one
    Participant
    June 9, 2016 at 9:14 am #102556

Thanks for the reply.

It is very confusing for me. I’ve seen a mutual friend give her a peck on the cheek and I know they are just friends, so I was kind of shocked when she leaned away. She also mentioned to a mutual friend that she wondered how it would be to have to deal with my x wife if we were to start dating or get married…. so it would appear that she’s thought about me that way, right? I think that there’s something that’s holding her back. My friends tell me she hasn’t had a boyfriend in the 10 years they’ve known her, so maybe she needs to go really slow. Maybe I’m just holding out hope. I’m going to have to talk to her about it. I can’t let myself fall for her if it will never go anywhere.

thanks again

Confused_one
    Participant
    June 13, 2016 at 9:05 am #103303

I just wanted to update this.
    I had decided to ask her out on an actual date when we went out friday evening, but it didn’t work out that way. We ended up back at her house just hanging out, then the physical contact got ramped up a lot. I decided to hold her hand and then we ended up cuddling and hugging all night. there was a lot of intimate contact and kissing, we are going out again tonight and we both can’t wait to spend more time together. I’m thrilled that it turned out to be mutual attraction.

jashley
    Participant
    June 13, 2016 at 11:32 am #103308

Cool

geminidmn
    Participant
    June 13, 2016 at 3:22 pm #103318

honestly it sounds like shes confused but not ready to be a couple, i would ask her straight up what is going on and if she is interested otherwise you are just wasting your time, she sounds like she wants her cake and eat it too.