Toxic Girl

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Toxic Girl

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:33 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

bigtuna49
    bigtuna49
    Participant
    May 13, 2014 at 3:58 pm #52766
    Toxic Girl

I know this girl is toxic, but I just want to hear what you have to say.

I was talking to this girl for about a month. She was very flakey and not very attentive but she did flirt.

Took her out on a date, thought it went well. Texted her the next day about it. Never received a response. Little bummed about it, so for closure, i sent her a message three to four days later and said..

“Hey, no hard feelings. I apologize for jumping the gun (realized i had kissed her a little too soon) and making you feel awkward. Best of luck to you. take care.”

She immediately replied with “? um Sorry I didn’t text you right back? I had a really busy weekend and last day of school. but okay.”

I already can tell what she’s trying to do here, taking the blame off of herself for never texting me back and making me look the crazy person.

Am I right?

I didn’t message her back. I am not feeding her any more ammo to knock me down.

b.millar
    Participant
    May 15, 2014 at 2:11 am #52905

I don’t think anyone these days truly doesn’t “forget” to text back, and her response wasnt to frirndly, i think you already know the answer

kevinalexander
    kevinalexander
    Participant
    May 16, 2014 at 2:35 pm #53041

Bigtuna49, I have a solution to your problem, which is going to be both good and bad news for you.

Bad news: it’s not the girl – it’s you.
    Good news: because it’s you – you can work on it.

1. Don’t mess with girls who are flakey and non attentive after talking with them for a month. That says more about you for putting up with that, than it does about her for delivering what you were clearly buying.

2. Never apologise for kissing a girl when the moment felt right. It’s her job to decline you, not your job to decline yourself or regret what you did.

3. She probably was just busy, but regardless the vibe I get is a very needy nice guy. Which is not attractive, and is why she’s not investing much time or energy in you.

Make sense?

Get out there, go to the gym, work on yourself, build that self-esteem, date lots and lots, of girls (1-2 per week is nominal) and eventually you’ll start to see these kinds of “toxic girls” go to the way side.

djg3665
    Participant
    May 16, 2014 at 4:13 pm #53053

I agree. By apologizing for kissing her, you gave her control of the relationship. If you truly want to see this girl again, you need to get some of the control back.

Say something like, “I thought about it and I decided to give you another chance. I am going to ….” A psychological game but it works.

emkay2
    Participant
    May 16, 2014 at 5:47 pm #53074

I think the way that she answered back was a bit “pin it on him”. You seemed to put it right. you kept it mutual sounding, appologetic, and closed. The fact that she answered her way is a sign in my opinion that she is still fishing around.

jabawok
    Participant
    May 17, 2014 at 10:38 am #53085

If someone is a flake towards you, it will be very difficult or impossible to change their perception of you. I’d recommend focusing resources on a person who will give you an equal investment. Games are for teenagers. If you decide to pursue this more, also date 3 or 4 other women do you won’t care. Best of luck on the battlefield!

johnj
    Participant
    May 18, 2014 at 6:29 am #53116

If you are getting that kind of response now, think what it would be like a few years down the line…there is someone more suitable for you out there

Anonymous
    May 19, 2014 at 8:17 am #53130

Well good for you, some girl just don’t understand guys, but I don’t believe in the kissing too soon thing, there is no perfect timing. If she likes it she let you do it, if she don’t she should have pushed you back. So don’t blame yourself if you kiss her too soon she like it too but maybe there is something that bothers her. If you like her wait for her to text you and if she don’t then you are right she is just too toxic to deal with.

kevin2918
    Participant
    May 19, 2014 at 11:57 am #53156

I think girls like it when you kiss them soon… I think it definitely adds some points on your relationship.

kksaur
    Participant
    May 20, 2014 at 1:34 am #53261
    Reply To: Toxic Girl

Girls love being kissed…!!

girlygrl
    Participant
    May 20, 2014 at 2:02 am #53266
    Reply To: Toxic Girl

Girls love being kissed. Don’t feel guilty about it. Find someone else. Games are not attractive.