Trapped by my race?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Trapped by my race?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Jon Smith
    Participant
    June 17, 2017 at 12:39 pm #139812
    Trapped by my race?

Hi

So I’m 24 and mixed race (black and white) and have been single for over 2 years. Ive been on dates in that time and had people interested in me but I’m just not interested in the type of woman that’s into me.

I’m an intellectual and am working towards becoming a record engineer. But the only women who have ever been interested in me have been party animals who don’t have any plans for their lives. My friends are all clearly 1 race, (white, Indian, black etc) and dress the same way as me and act the same way but always find better women, who are funny, intelligent have goals etc.

I fell like I’m trapped to either be alone, or unhappy with someone I don’t really have much in common with because I’m mixed race 🙁 It’s not like I want a super model girlfriend or anything, just someone who looks around the same attractiveness as me who I can have a great conversation with.

I don’t know what to do, I’d love to meet a mixed race woman but they have NEVER shown interest.

Ellipsis
    Ellipsis
    Participant
    June 17, 2017 at 4:28 pm #139816

I understand what you’re saying, but having read your post I do not think that it is your race holding you back. Take it from me, finding a professional woman is hard, no matter your ethnicity. I too am looking for someone with ambition, again it doesn’t have to be a supermodel! Your friends are going to find women easier than you are (no disrespect intended towards them) but they have different standards to you. Party animals are common, and frankly if you wanted a girl like that you’d have one by now. But, you want something more exclusive, and that’s hard to come by. Be patient, don’t lose your confidence because you think it is your race holding you back, it’s not. You know the phrase ‘there’s plenty of fish in the sea’? That’s true, but finding Sturgeon is harder to come by than Plankton. Be patient, it’ll be worth it! By the way, being single for 2 years is nothing to be ashamed of; good for you, you’re committed to finding the right woman for you.

Jon Smith
    Participant
    June 17, 2017 at 7:01 pm #139819

Thanks man, that makes me feel a bit better 🙂

Sun18
    Participant
    June 18, 2017 at 10:48 am #139831

I’m indian and black so I feel your pain. Just bee you let your character define you.