travel love-friend-ship

DATING ADVICE FORUM

travel love-friend-ship

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 11:56 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Alabama2
    Participant
    September 10, 2017 at 2:09 pm #148684
    travel love-friend-ship

I have met a guy while couchsurfing in Europe 4 years ago, but we didnt talk much then, but added to facebook. A couple months ago i got a ticket to Usa, and asked him if he wanna join me, he said yes, he likes to travel (he lives there, but on the other coast). we talked a lot before the travel on chat, he was fun. then we met and spent 2 weeks together on a road trip. we had a lot of fun, he was cool. we even slept together, but he said no relationship, just for fun. by the end of the trip, i felt like i got a new friend ( i dont have a lot of friends), however, when we said our farewells, and asked him when we meet next, he said: who knows..
    But now im home since 2 weeks, and we hardly talk, in fact im the one who always writes to him… i dont know what happened, personally i like to keep friendships… i understand if he lives far away from me for a relationship, but this is really frustrates me. what do you suggest, should i talk to him about this, or forget him, block him…?

stee1ers
    Participant
    September 11, 2017 at 12:14 pm #148699

Hi Alabama2,
    I’m sorry that happened to you because that would definitely be hurtful. It sounds to me like he really did enjoy traveling with you but may have other things going on in his life that he didn’t tell you about it. Perhaps he has a significant other and didn’t know how or want to tell you? Maybe he didn’t feel the same friendship connection you did? Maybe he was feeling things that scared him and now he’s backing away? It’s tough to guess what’s going on in his mind but my feeling about it is that if he blew you off like that in the end you should move on and let it go. It’s not very kind to treat you that way, first of all, and second of all, if he did want to pursue a friendship/relationship with you, he definitely would. It seems like you’ve made your intentions and interest clear to him and if he can’t reciprocate then you should move on and find friends who actually care about your feelings and want to spend time with you.
    Best,
    Stee1ers

clsa
    Participant
    September 11, 2017 at 4:17 pm #148705

he got what he wanted