Traveling with a new boyfriend

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 11:00 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

CalvinLevi
    CalvinLevi
    Participant
    February 26, 2013 at 10:37 am #23670

I decided, now that the weather is getting warmer to take a new bf on a cruise with me. We’ve been together for a month but with the timing of warm weather and a well-deserved vacation, I wanted to spend it with someone who would be fun and interested in trying something new..

Is it too soon to go on a big trip with him? I feel like I would have to mention it to him anyway and I don’t want him to feel awkward if I don’t invite him.

TreyKillz
    Participant
    February 28, 2013 at 3:46 pm #24198

I think as long as he pays for his own things and you’re both investing time and money, he won’t feel obligated to go as a bf, but instead as a friend who also wants to travel….

bmh99
    Participant
    March 1, 2013 at 10:10 am #24298

I bet he might be a little concerned too and curious to know if this is supposed to be a long term relationship route…Be sure to explain you just want him to join you for the fun but don’t pressure him if he says no. Even when you come back in a week or what not, I’m sure he’ll be excited to see you.

KrispyPorter
    Participant
    March 6, 2013 at 6:23 pm #24830

Just keep it really friendly with not much pressure or any kind of planned assumption of it going one certain way. Low expectations and whatever happens will be a surprise.

CalvinLevi
    CalvinLevi
    Participant
    March 11, 2013 at 6:40 pm #25505

I would also recommend doing a mini adventure first. Try a weekend trip to a city near you where you’re meeting with friends from out of town and see how your new beau does with the time you’re spending with him…could give you a preview to what to expect on your bigger travel