Trying to understand what he wants from me… please help

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:59 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

JaneyR
    Participant
    March 15, 2017 at 11:16 am #130143

So I met a guy at a course and I felt like we clicked right away. He gave me all the signs that he’s interested, such as coming to talk to me every break from class out of other people in the group, looking straight into my eyes and leaning in when we spoke, he texted me a few times and every time on the way home when we parted ways he gave me a very embracive hug and a kiss on the cheek, which he didn’t to with my other girl friends who were there. The course ended and he said I’d see him again, he was very confident about it. But then I heard nothing from him, I texted him and he responded but we didn’t chat for long and since then he didn’t initiate anything. Two weeks later I run into him and he seems happy to see me, offered to walk me where I was heading, did the hug and the kiss, and said “text me every once in a while, let me know what’s up”. Why act that way with me but never make an effort to stay in touch? Any ideas if he meant what he said? Does he really want me to texthim

lillybug1983
    Participant
    March 18, 2017 at 11:47 am #130467

I’m not sure. Sounds like he’s sending mixed signals. Does he respond back when you text him?

sarah.33
    sarah.33
    Participant
    March 18, 2017 at 12:58 pm #130470

https://www.lcamlive.com/lesbiane

free cam and live more girls waiting you on cam

sarah.33
    sarah.33
    Participant
    March 18, 2017 at 12:58 pm #130471

phnix76
    Participant
    March 18, 2017 at 4:16 pm #130476

My bet is he has and had a girlfriend to start with. You two clicked and he enjoyed it and the attention for the moment, he even may have had considerations to take it further. He never asked you out despite all confidence he had, why? He gave you public attention, walks, hugs and even kisses on the cheek but didn’t have the balls to ask you out on a date or for even a cup of coffee to test your interest? He probably still likes you and wants you to keep contact in case he breaks up.

Mixed signal women at least are very often involved elsewhere and enjoying attention and/or keeping you as plan B.

JaneyR
    Participant
    March 18, 2017 at 4:47 pm #130477

Thanks for your comments!
    lillybug1983- I didn’t text him since the last time I saw him which was a week ago. I assume he would respond if I did.
    phnix76- thank you for trying to explain this, I guess you’re right. Even of he isn’t involved with anyone else right now, it does feel like I’m some sort of a plan be. I’ve also come to the conclusion that it may have been a meaningless flirt to him and nothing more. So I’m trying to let it go and move on, I don’t think anything could go furthur because he didn’t act when he had the chance, and I don’t want a guy that flirts with people and leads them on just to have a plan b…

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  JaneyR. Reason: typig mistakes