Trying to win the heart of a recently divorced single mom

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:15 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

vkleinstu
    Participant
    January 3, 2015 at 11:09 am #69835

This is going to be a long one, and all parties concerned are in the military. I would really appreciate advice from women, especially single moms. So I have known this girl for about a year and a half. She has a 3 year old daughter with an ex that showed no interest in being a responsible father, so she left him. Afterwards she married a long term friend (10 years) in May 2013. After marriage, the new husband went back to his duty station in the military, and she returned to hers. During their time apart she was sexually assaulted by someone that she was trying to help and thought was a friend. In November, her husband finally transferred to her duty station. Shortly after he arrived she found out that he had been cheating on her with several girls over the 6 month gap. She also found out that he had a really bad alcohol problem, and had difficulty getting him to adjust to the family life, and onboard with proper care of her daughter. At one point he actually threw his…

vkleinstu
    Participant
    January 5, 2015 at 8:22 am #69836

size 12 shoe at her then 2 year old daughter because she was touching the tv. Needless o say, after trying to work things out in counseling, and filing for divorce twice, it was finally over in June (13 months after they married). In August, she called me because although they were divorced, she let him stay at her house, but they had gotten into a huge argument over the care of her daughter, and it got physical. She asked me to help remove him and his belongings from the home, which I did. At the time I was married, and she had turned to me because I was a mutual friend of her and her husband. My wife had been going through our own problems for the last 4 years of our almost 5 year marriage. I had contemplated divorce about 2 years ago, but decided to try and work it out. An ongoing issue that came to a head about a month before my friend asked for help had me determined to follow through with the divorce this time. About a week after chasing the ex husband off I was…