Types of Dating

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Types of Dating

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:58 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

osubsu
    Participant
    December 2, 2015 at 5:35 pm #89314
    Types of Dating

So ladies what does “casual dating” mean to you? Does that mean you are dating but not exclusive? Whereas “dating” would mean exclusive? Those terms don’t seem well defined to me. I ask for one reason. On a dating site if I am just looking for friends and not a relationship would I say I’m looking for “casual dating?” An article I read by a great woman writer said that dating experts told her that if you state plainly you are just looking for friends no one will consider you. Yet she like I wanted to be up front and not lead anyone on. So to me even casual dating implies it could turn into non-casual dating…

melika
    Participant
    December 6, 2015 at 2:57 am #89541

To me casual dating would be going on one or two dates to see if you get along with the person.

cutiepie91
    Participant
    December 15, 2015 at 11:56 pm #90100

To me it seems like just going on dates with people and see if they click with the other person

featherwink
    featherwink
    Participant
    December 20, 2015 at 5:06 pm #90341

I’ve always thought the “casual dating” term refers to hooking up. If you’re looking for friends only and not a relationship or even a possibility of one, say that. Not sure how many people on a dating website will respond, but I guess you never know!

Harry Wilmington
    Harry Wilmington
    Participant
    December 29, 2015 at 10:30 am #90642

But the real question is, why would you go on a dating site looking for “friends?” By definition of “dating site,” people are on there to find DATES.

Also, men aren’t looking to find female friends, especially on a dating site. We have enough of those in our REAL lives with girls we tried to hook up with that put us in the “friend zone.” No, men are looking for women to DATE, SLEEP WITH, ROMANCE and, if it works out, GET MARRIED TO.

In short: you’re wasting your time. If you want a guy “friend,” join a class or do an activity where men and women both congregate, and try to create a friendship there. But be warned: if you’re approaching guys hoping for friendship, the majority of them are going to think they have a shot with you. Just the nature of how men work.

KrazyKutie83
    Participant
    December 29, 2015 at 10:58 am #90680

Casual dating is doing all the thing you do in a relatinship, but without the committment.

lovememore
    Participant
    December 30, 2015 at 7:37 am #90719

Casual dating is friends with benefit. No commitments and are dating as mutual friends.

reitteg813
    Participant
    December 30, 2015 at 11:42 am #90731

Dating with no commitment