Uh oh… Blind date coming up.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:36 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Becky
    Becky
    Participant
    November 30, 2012 at 5:00 am #17719

A good friend of mine that I have known since I was a kid is fixing me up on a blind date next weekend. I’m kind of excited about it – considering the fact that I haven’t been on a date for a few years now. The problem is my friend knows a lot of shady people, and I don’t always trust her judgment. She claims that he’s a real cool person and that we have a lot in common, but as I said; I don’t always trust her judgment.

We are going to be going out to dinner. What are some things that I should talk about? I’m not really good at the whole “chit chat” thing. It always ends up in an awkward silence. How can I avoid this awkward silence? What are some things I can do to keep the conversation active and enjoyable?

Thanks.

pseudogf
    Participant
    December 5, 2012 at 12:52 pm #18208

Sounds like fun!

I’d say take it as EASY as possible. The less pressure the better. First, choose a restaurant where it’s not too fancy but has a casual vibe. Maybe some fun artwork on the walls, a live band, outside seating. Just a place that can keep your conversation going if it gets dry.

Also, keep the convo balanced. If he asks something about you, reply but don’t go into a novel detail about. Leave it open for a “How about you?” and he can open up a bit as well.

LISTEN. When you ask him about his opinion or what he does, listen carefully so you can follow up with another question or add “Oh really? I like that, for ME, I prefer ____ ” Keep smiling and let the conversation roll like you would with any other guy friend.

Don’t forget to cut it off when it’s time to go separate ways. Let him go home and make sure you have a way of getting to your place too. I’d recommend going to the date in separate cars just in case things go sour and it’ll also be reason to go to your own bed too. Good luckkkkk

knock knock
    knock knock
    Participant
    December 6, 2012 at 9:49 am #18297

I agree you should listen carefully and find some common ground of communication so it keeps rolling. Don’t be shy to keep talking and get to know him, after all it is a date to understand each other better. Show interest!

sphinx_s
    sphinx_s
    Participant
    December 10, 2012 at 3:50 pm #18513

Don’t go anywhere where it’ll be a lot of pressure. If you think there’s a chance for something special then go somewhere special and memorable.