Uncharted Waters

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Uncharted Waters

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:45 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

KittyKat006
    Participant
    April 17, 2016 at 1:05 am #98010
    Uncharted Waters

I met this guy & he’s really nice and very sweet. We’ve spoken every day (over text) since meeting & we had our first date last week – it was a little awkward. He made a huge effort & I had a nice time. I know I’m an awkward person & I’m very guarded, which might have been it, but I also feel like I was getting mixed messages from him? I didn’t feel like he was having that great of a time, but like in the lead up we joked about the old-fashioned ‘you have to win me a bear at the carnival’ sort of thing & he actually bought me a bear way before the date & gave it to me at the end of it. He sent me a follow up message that night saying he had fun; we’ve still spoken every day & we have a second date this week but I’m just super confused.

I’m 22, I haven’t had a boyfriend before, I had a unpleasant experience with a guy, so I’m so uncertain about this & I don’t know whether I should tell him this or not. Help? Ha ha.

Live12
    Participant
    April 20, 2016 at 5:06 pm #98265

If you don’t mind me asking but what experience did you have with the last bloke you met?
    I personally would take it slow enjoy eachothers company have fun tease flirt but don’t sleep with him straight away. Just treat him as a really good friend but with the flirting but not over the top.

northbuckeye
    Participant
    April 21, 2016 at 1:59 pm #98351

Just continue talking like you have been. Guys will make it a point to show you they care! Keep being yourself and let things fall into place.

Sooverit
    Participant
    April 21, 2016 at 9:29 pm #98435

I wouldn’t tell him anything until you get to know him a little better and see where it goes. If you have been talking to him every day since, obviously he had a good time and is interested. Get to know him and take your time. Once you feel comfortable enough to share your personal situation with him, do so, you’ll know when the times right. It may never be right with this guy. Don’t let him pressure you into anything. There are plenty of men out there and this may not be Mr right. Just enjoy your time and don’t do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable, trust your gut!

novice101
    Participant
    April 21, 2016 at 10:52 pm #98437

By your story, I’d say he might have been nervous but tried to hide it, besides that I think you’re worried over nothing. If he’s texting you that much he is most likely into you. Go on the next date and get to know each other better and I bet the apprehension will fade.

KittyKat006
    Participant
    April 22, 2016 at 12:50 am #98440

Ugh, the last kind-of relationship ended in being emotionally abused pretty much; it’s taken me a while to recover. And good lord! Ha ha, I’ve only met the guy twice, I wasn’t planning on sleeping with him. But you were all right! The second date was much more relaxed, we were both just nervous on the first so a little closed off.