Understanding what her actions meant

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:23 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Superrocco3
    Participant
    May 19, 2016 at 9:05 am #100765

So here is a quick overview of some events that occurred thus far : 1) I leave her voicemail asking her if she would like to catch up and hang out sometime over the weekend? She never replies, which lends me to believe she isn’t interested or whatever, so I begin to move on. 2) Suddenly a few weekends ago, she invites me to go to the bar with her.. I was already drinking that day and end up arriving at the bar and run into her but only briefly.. So know I start believing she is into me 3) Over a week, I invite her to a bar (since she invited me) and she can’t make it. I’m like ok, no big deal. Then a week later, invite her to go hiking, but she once again can’t go. 4) She has graduated from college and I basically sent her one last text saying this will be the last time I’ll text her unless she wants to talk. So I was curious if someone can give me some insight / advice on what these mixed signals represent, how I handled the situation, etc. Don’t be afraid to ask for more details!!

aqualoh37
    Participant
    May 19, 2016 at 1:41 pm #100815

Maybe she thinks you are cute, but isn’t actually int you. She may have just invited you to the bar because she was finally free for once. If she was into you, she would try making atleast a little time for you no matter what. Either she thinks you are cute but wants you to be a friend/acquaintance, or she wants to keep the hookup option open without giving off signals that she wants to date.

Superrocco3
    Participant
    May 19, 2016 at 4:32 pm #100820

I’m curious as to whether people think how I handled the situation — 4) from first post — would tell her about myself or at-least give her the impression of ?

jda0030
    Participant
    May 27, 2016 at 12:24 am #101513

ok, I am new, not trying to take over your pages, but I went on a second date with a girl last night. It was great, one of the beer arcades in the big city, (chicago_ as a place to meet, but traffic was bad, and it was raining so we never made it to dinner. She was great, smiling, laughing, everything, she even came up to me and kissed me twice as i have my hand around her waist as she id playin pinball, things are goin good, but then about 45 minutes later comes along, and she is really drunk. I have dealt with the situation plenty, but not second date being this drunk, and i dont know how it happened. So I take care of her find her food stay with her “nanysit” for anhour and a half” eventually take her back to her car, and she says thanks, no leg grab, kiss, hug, anything, and gets out the door. I got a txt at 8am saying I got home safe thanks I had a great time, but wtf. could she have been embarressed, still drunk, not into me, I dont get it at all. sorry to snag your post,

jda0030
    Participant
    May 27, 2016 at 12:29 am #101514

to help you, I have been in a similr spot, I have a good girl friend, not romantically invlved, but I ask her to come out all the time, and she is always working to save money so she can travel. It is getting nic out, maybe she is thinking about that. I would have to say she isnt that into you, she would atleast give an excuse if she was somewhat into you, not just no response or cnt do it sorry. I would give up, but your last ray of hope may have been a little much, but we all do it, girls nd I am sure guys too, oday e have lost lot of the social skills that our gradparents had when asking out a girl, so even the in person thing makes some girls awkward, one girl game me her number, and come to find out she got engaged 2 days later, when I called to be like it this your number how are you, she is I M engaged,tell me that NP, should have said that last week. As far as your sit, she may be similar, but you put it out there, you will have an answer and go from there. HOpeit works out

NickZ
    NickZ
    Participant
    May 27, 2016 at 11:22 am #101538

Well, for me it’s clear. She is seeking for other options, you know- other men. When she managed to find, she doesn’t need you, when not, she just need somebody to relax with, but then she forgets. It’s not serious at all. She doesn’t take you seriously. Just find somebody else!