Unfaithful Boyfriend

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Unfaithful Boyfriend

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

KittyCatty
    Participant
    June 2, 2016 at 1:09 pm #102026
    Unfaithful Boyfriend

I have been in a committed relationship with a guy for two years now. It was the happiest I’ve ever been with a guy and I was completely devoted and faithful to him the entire time. He always told me how much he loved me, how happy he was with me, and how much I satisfied all his needs.
    However, I recently found out he’s been flirting (big time) with at least 5 other girls on social media like snapchat and facebook for the entire two years we were together. This flirting entailed him messaging them at odd hours (late at night), him joking with them, him telling them how attractive they are, etc. I also found out he has been continuously sexting another girl on snapchat and text for the past six months whom he also had a history with previously.
    I confronted him about this (very civilly actually, no “crazy revengeful ex”). He says he’s going to fix it and be faithful and only attracted to me. I want to believe him but I’m just not sure if I can ever trust him again. Help?

RejectedOrNot
    Participant
    June 2, 2016 at 2:07 pm #102031

You will just be grieving if he remains as your boyfriend. Move on, girl.

WhoAmEye
    Participant
    June 2, 2016 at 3:41 pm #102047

Hi there, you are not alone. The best thing you can do is to move on with your life. There is no possible way that he will ever stop hurting you. Whether you find out about it in the future or not you will always be thing about it probably on a daily and constant basis. Actually when he smiles at you now you will never know if it is real or not. When he tells you sweet things you will never know if he is telling the other girls the exact same thing. He obviously knows what to say to get attention from the women he seeks so I would not be able to trust a word that comes out of his mouth. I would be sick to my stomach to find out what you found out. Trust me you will cry and you will hurt and time will pass by and you will wake up one day and wonder why you ever shed a tear for him. You sound very sweet and I know that there’s a sweet guy out there looking for you! The best is yet to come in your life! This is not from a fortune cookie its from me 🙂

Louie97
    Participant
    June 6, 2016 at 4:39 pm #102268

Flirting with anyone other than your current partner sounds like infidelity to me. And sexting?! Totally unacceptable. As the others rightful suggested, I agree that is it high time you move on to better things.

Waxwing
    Participant
    June 6, 2016 at 8:46 pm #102276

It depends on what you want. Obviously you consider this a breach of trust. So, will you be able to trust him again? Can you even forgive him? If not then it might be time to move on. If you can then decide now what you will do if he is unfaithful again, otherwise you could find yourself in a vicious circle and wind up with your heart broken. I’m a big believer in second chances if you really care for someone but don’t let him walk all over you.

yanksfan12
    Participant
    June 6, 2016 at 11:07 pm #102283

Im sorry to hear this. Things will never be the same. There are much better guys out there!!!

detroittomiami
    Participant
    June 8, 2016 at 12:48 am #102433

Move on! Don’t stay with someone like that.

Dieselnut03
    Participant
    June 8, 2016 at 2:24 pm #102493

Sorry that sucks

JamesSM
    Participant
    June 9, 2016 at 10:53 am #102581
    Reply To: Unfaithful Boyfriend

That’s horrible…

I am Fran
    Participant
    June 9, 2016 at 4:15 pm #102614

yeah, this guy sounds like a douche, drop him. He obviously does not respect you. And saying he is going to be faithful and not be attracted to anyone else is a bunch of bull. Everyone is attracted to other people besides their significant other, it’s human nature. People that are respectful just don’t make a big deal out of it let alone sext other people. His actions are speaking much louder than words in this case.

Yeah, I totally wouldn’t trust him either as I think it’s just a matter of time before he cheats on you physically.

Tesla the Peasant
    Participant
    June 9, 2016 at 9:36 pm #103099

Well stuff sucks but it’ll get better. Mess with him