unfortunate first date – how to make it better

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:53 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

LK
    Participant
    October 4, 2015 at 10:44 pm #86472

so i’m working in a small town and i’ve been messaging with this guy for some time now – he seems so great – smart and funny and we have tons of things in common. we finally meet in person and have a great time! then, at the end of the date, we find his car has been broken into – a bunch of important stuff was stolen. now, i feel terrible and don’t know how to make things better and also feel like he won’t want to see me again. am i being totally ridiculous? how do i make things better? i have been pretty forward up until now – do i just let him be?

JoePanther2001
    Participant
    October 11, 2015 at 9:09 am #86768

Definitely an unfortunate situation. I kinda don’t think the guy is mad at you. I tend to think he’s just pissed off due to his belongings being stolen. I don’t think there’s anything you can do to make him feel better about that. Give him a week or so to figure things out and then pop him a text, if he didn’t pop one back to you already.

Aybro
    Participant
    October 11, 2015 at 8:49 pm #86781

It wasn’t your fault. Don’t make things awkward and just play it cool. Stuff like that happens all the time whether he was with you or not. You be the one to invite him to a date this time.