Unsure to pursue

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Unsure to pursue

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:04 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

J.Master
    Participant
    February 2, 2015 at 9:02 pm #72451
    Unsure to pursue

So I met this girl in work, liked her a lot, but I can be quite shy about these things, I have been told I give mixed signals to women as I’m quite outgoing but then come across as aloof or not interested because of being shy around women.

Spent the night at hers a hand full of times after being out drinking after work, we’d kiss and spoon but she didn’t seem sure if she wanted to go any further each time, I decided not to be pushy and go at her pace as I really liked her, I mean I was getting into her bed and she was kissing me so I felt there was some interest there and it was only a matter of time for things to progress. Every time I’d ask her if she would like to meet up for a proper date sometime though she’d turn me down, saying she wasn’t sure about this as we work together and it could get awkward.

We’d text back and forth a bit but she’d never initiate. I started to feel like she wasn’t interested and I should move on so I decided to stop texting her.

J.Master
    Participant
    February 3, 2015 at 9:47 am #72453

What’s interesting is I was totally drunk the other night and acting like an idiot and was brining up the subject of possibly dating again.

She then asked, in a kind of frustrated way, ‘Why do you keep asking me out when your drunk?’

The ‘when your drunk part’ really stood out… why did she add that? Maybe I’m reading to much into it but I thought maybe she is unsure on my commitment and wants to see if I’ll approach her when sober? Either that or she was literally just annoyed with me!

Anyway I thought about that and text her the next day to try and arrange a meet but she replied with ‘don’t think I can make it tonight, see you next week :)’

Any thoughts on whether it is worth pursuing this girl or not? Thanks

ryansingle
    ryansingle
    Participant
    February 7, 2015 at 2:29 pm #72824

I find it tough to try and date people from work , its something I try and avoid to be honest . I try and find possible dates elsewhere . as to if this girl is interested I don’t really know enough about her .