Unsure what my next move should be, help!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

swithin
    Participant
    January 3, 2017 at 8:00 pm #121558

First of all, my intention is to keep the interest of this man. Met A guy online, when out on a handful of great dates, after the fifth date I asked him if he wanted to be exclusive. his response was “I’m not seeing anybody else right now, and if I were I would let you know”. With that not being the ideal response, I made a decision in my head that this was the last time I was going to see the guy. I think it was pretty clear in my body language, though I did not say anything, or react too much to his response verbally. But I think sensed that I was disappointed/going to let him go. He stayed over, and early the next morning, around 6:30 AM, I hear him calling for a cab. A few minutes later he comes into my room and he says that he’s taking off. I didn’t react much to it. A few hours later I get up and I noticed that he left his watch, I look over onto my kitchen table and there are his glasses, PLANTED. Fast-forward two weeks later no word from him, what should I text him?

swithin
    Participant
    January 3, 2017 at 8:02 pm #121559

There was some communication after that day, joking around about his glasses, planning of the next date which he then flaked on, and him feeling to follow through on contacting me for plans the week after. Then when he finally contacted me it was too late in the week for me to meet up because it was on such short notice, so I did not respond to his text asking me to meet up, until the day after where I explained I had been way too busy getting ready for Christmas, and I asked him to touch base in January.

dbrazil
    Participant
    January 13, 2017 at 7:51 am #122871

First of all, I honestly think you should consider what you really want from this relationship. Maybe, if you want to a serious relationship this guy might not be ready for this yet. Now, you have to think if you are willing to take the risk and keep trying with him.

logansrun
    Participant
    January 13, 2017 at 7:58 am #122872

If he is okay with flaking on you even once, without a really good excuse at least, then I think that tells you all you need to know.

abby
    Participant
    January 13, 2017 at 11:04 am #122944

Maybe he still needs sometime, you can wait a bit more and confront him again if he doesn’t give a good response then you should move on.

fireys
    fireys
    Participant
    January 13, 2017 at 12:09 pm #122967

I would say he is pretty flaky, and things will only get worse. A few dates are enough to know whether you want to be exclusive or not. I would say you should move on to someone else!

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    January 18, 2017 at 11:14 pm #123624

yeah he’s flaky. it’s not a crime. some people are like that innocently. however let’s talk about your part in this – you’ve been no angel either. you’ve not been communicating with him and playhing it coy – thus his reactions are NOT unreasonable given how you’ve acted towards hijm too. so let’s be real here. the onus isn’t ONLY on him.

quit playihng games and continuously testing him and be normal. also i agree its not clear what your end game or real intention is here. its possible you just want him to be stuck on you and yo might not even want anything. so let’s also be clear what your intention is.. “want to keep his interst” is ALSO not very definitive on your part.

so.. spill it or there really is no answer for you to help you.