unsure what to do

DATING ADVICE FORUM

unsure what to do

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 2:56 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

elcabo995
    Participant
    March 20, 2015 at 12:35 am #75705
    unsure what to do

Hi everyone,

There’s a girl in one of my college classes which I am so interested in, but hardly talk to.

I know I kind of failed by not approaching her early on, which is why I’m very nervous of doing it now.

With like 8 weeks gone by, I’ve barely talked to her at all aside from an occasional assignment that required us to work in a group together (she sits in front of me).

She gets there like 5-10 min before the class starts and leaves pretty quickly, limiting my time. So what should I do? I want to get her # to talk more but don’t want to be creepy or weird since we’ve seen each other so long and I’ve never really had a talk with her…

whatdoido
    Participant
    March 21, 2015 at 9:06 am #75775

Hey

First you should understand that you have nothing to lose if you talk to her, because if you don’t you’ll probably regret it.

Now I think you should start saying hi when you see her and maybe talk about some light topics. Then when you get more used to that you should just start talking to her when ever you think it’s appropriate and maybe even give her some compliments. At the end of one of those discussions you should tell her that you really enjoy taking to her and ask her for her number.

But that’s just how I would try to do it.

Good luck!

JackHayman
    Participant
    March 22, 2015 at 9:05 pm #75800

Hey

First you should understand that you have nothing to lose if you talk to her, because if you don’t you’ll probably regret it.

^ This guy gets it. Just be friendly, relax and don’t overthink it. You’re just two human beings who are in the same class together!

Dontbeniceanymore
    Dontbeniceanymore
    Participant
    March 23, 2015 at 8:33 am #75774

Hi!

If you stare at her during the whole class then you are acting creepy,
    if you mumble or avoid eye contact when you speak with her, then you are acting weird.

Next class arrive early as she does, and just stop by and say Hi!, you both know each other names since you worked together in an assignment so the ice is already broke. You can tell her before the class start, something like I’m going for a cup of coffee after class you can join me if you want to join me, and act as if you don’t care if she goes with you or not.

Instead of looking at her eyes focus your gaze on her lips, this will help you in two ways first you won’t mumble and second she will feel more attracted to you.

Just keep in mind that:
    she might be dating someone,
    she may be lesbian,
    she may hate men,
    she may had a hard weekend/day,
    so if this doesn’t work, don’t take it personal. Keep going and talk with other girls.

Good luck! And take action, life is too short to be unsure what to do