Urgent Advice concerning online dating needed!!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:53 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SweetMisery
    Participant
    March 12, 2015 at 12:48 pm #75249

I urgently need clearification and advice!
    Ive met a totally nice guy on an online dating platform 2 weeks ago., we’ve exchanged numbers and been texting every day since then. He seems to take a lot of effort and time into texting me because he texts me througout the day very often even if he’s at work. So he started to compliment me a lot, asked me what i look for in my future boyfriend and he always tells me about his day and stuff so very personal things.
    Some days ago he revealed that he’s really interested in me and sends me good morning texts like “Good morning beautful, good morning sunshine…” On another site i read that guys only call a girl ‘beautiful’ when theyve got sincere interest in her.. is this true or not?
    He also sends lots of emojs (which as far as i read is a good sign?)
    How can i tell or find out if I should feel “special” or if he would tell this to every girl so “fast”??
    How can i test the waters to see how serious he is in everything or if hes using me!?

Chompus
    Chompus
    Participant
    March 12, 2015 at 8:20 pm #75291

As someone who has been in multiple online long distance relationships, all I can say is give it time. These types of relationships are some of the hardest for several reasons. From what you have described, like how he asked you what you look for in a guy, how he always sends you messages in the morning, etc, it definitely sounds like he likes you more than a friend. Unfortunately, since you don’t know him in real life, like, in person, finding the answer to the last question will be very difficult, but patience is a virtue.

If you like him, then let him know. You have nothing to lose. Everything is a lot easier behind a screen than it is in person. If you don’t want to tell him how you feel, then get to know him better and maybe someone get him to tell you. There are so many ways that this could go. But in all honesty, I would just go with telling him because if you don’t tell him that you like him, some other girl will, and you might lose your chance. Do it before it’s too late.

Nikigoldeye
    Participant
    March 26, 2015 at 3:19 am #76055

Just keep going slow with it is my best advice both of my previous relationships through online dating were rushed and failed

rocketshot45
    Participant
    March 26, 2015 at 11:56 pm #76181

Yea taking it slow will benefit you in the long run and keep strong communication between eachother to make sure both of you are on the same page.

JeffS
    Participant
    March 30, 2015 at 8:42 am #76269

How far away is this guy? Have you guys planned on meeting in person? It will be difficult to know how many women this guy is messaging or how much he likes you from just texts. If meeting isn’t an option perhaps video chat is the next best thing?

Popeye
    Participant
    April 2, 2015 at 12:24 pm #76547

Well, hopefully it is the real thing and works out for you! However, he could be in rebound mode and just searching for that connection fix throughout the day if that makes any sense. He could be getting over something that left him hurting and the constant sweetness and texts is his way of feeling that connection again. I made the mistake after my first marriage of 19 years blew up in my face of rushing into another so I speak from some experience with these emotions. Hopefully I am way off base but its something to consider. So that being said, take it SLOW! If it gets to be too much, tell him such.

Anonymous
    April 4, 2015 at 12:08 am #76683

Take it slow, enjoy the moment, make sure that everything he is doing is “real” and not just as Popeye said being in a rebound mode. If you truly want to know some one move it up from texting to phone calls. If you get comfortable with that try Skype so you can actually see each other. You wont know anyone until you meet them somehow, Skype is a good way. IMHO feel that communication is necessary, and texting is “ok” but there is no emotion with texting, it is harder to fake emotion over hours of conversation or Skype.

foolishblog
    foolishblog
    Participant
    April 8, 2015 at 4:06 am #76833

On dating sites you should not involve with any one so easily, take it slow, try to know about about his all activities, his interests and when you think he is compatible then take your conversation further. Do not get emotional.

Pisces2015
    Participant
    April 13, 2015 at 8:16 am #77111

Hello! You posted quite awhile ago, and I would hope by now you would have met this guy in person and things are good. If not, I would advise pushing for an in person meeting as soon as possible. Do NOT be impressed by ‘Good Morning, Sunshine’ or ‘Beautiful’. LOTS of men do that! I don’t know if it’s because they can’t remember your name, they are mass mailing several women, or they really like you, and you don’t either. Truth – If he likes you, he wants to date you! Do NOT be impressed by his probing for what you are looking for – that’s a topic for date 3 or 4 or later. Don’t get lured into sexy talk and all that nonsense, either. You have to be as wary with an online connection as you would be if some strange man struck up a conversation with you on the bus or in a bar. Maybe moreso, because it’s much easier for an unscrupulous guy to screw with you online. Don’t get invested, protect yourself. If he resists meeting in person anytime soon, fade him out.