Views on FWB situation please!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:42 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Rachel88
    Rachel88
    Participant
    December 9, 2014 at 9:19 am #68912

I dated a man I met on a dating app. We got on really well, had a lot in common, had fun etc. but in both our minds it was always a casual thing. To cut a long story short, misinterpretation over messages meant that he got the impression I was wanting more than just a casual relationship with him, and when I tried to rectify it what I said just made things worse (I’m not good at getting my point across clearly over messages!).

We haven’t spoken for almost 2 weeks now, but he’s one of the only men I’ve felt comfortable to actually meet in person and the only one I’ve slept with since dating again. As soon as you mention to men that you don’t want anything serious right now it becomes a bit odd and creepy, and I don’t want to be in a situation where I feel like I’m sleeping around. Basically I need to know is it too late to make things clear with him after not speaking for this long? And will suggesting a FWB type of situation to him just make me seem sleazy, or even desperate, now?

lopaze
    lopaze
    Participant
    January 7, 2015 at 7:51 pm #70111

I would just move on, besides you haven’t been knowing him very long. Seems like you just had some fun together. A friends with benefits situation usually doesn’t work well with most people because someone will catch feelings after a while.

scotto
    Participant
    January 18, 2015 at 1:17 am #71204

I have to agree. In addition, besides what lopaze said, FWB is bad because it prevents you from committing to something that can actually lead to something. Think about it, you have an awesome first date with someone, then leave the date and go to your FWB situation because its comfortable, now if that first date actually leads to a serious relationship you soiled your first date – or perhaps tainted your mindset by having sex with someone else that prevented the relationship from developing in the first place