Virginity/birth control

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Virginity/birth control

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:54 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

msmith0741
    Participant
    October 22, 2015 at 5:36 am #87180
    Virginity/birth control

Long story short: I’ve been dating a guy for over a year that I care about, we are talking about having sex- safe sex- and we want it to be very safe. As in not only condoms, but another form of birth control, such as the pill or what have you. I am 19 and would not like to involve parents. How would I go about receiving other forms of birth control not including condoms? Planned parenthood? Any advice about how to go about this would be lovely, thank you.

Side note: I have PMDD, which is like PMS but amplified, so it causes me to become suicidal the week before a period. Would birth control have a drastic effect, in particular, that would influence this or possibly worsen my situation? It is already very difficult to manage and I’m not positive that I could handle any added mood swings.

kitty01
    Participant
    October 23, 2015 at 3:07 pm #87282

Planned parenthood is a great idea. Many of my friends have gotten birth control from there and had a great experience. Make an appointment with a doctor at PP. They won’t tell your parents if you ask them not to. I think that birth control would lessen the PMDD but I’m not sure. Check with your doctor! Also, since you are over 18 anything you ask your doctor should be confidential. So you could ask your regular doctor what he recommends and he won’t tell your parents if you ask him to. Good luck!