DATING ADVICE FORUM

Wasting my time

Author
    Comments

• tototo
    Participant
    August 30, 2016 at 9:41 am #109943
    Wasting my time

I’ve met this guy online. We’ve been texting quite a while… too long I suppose. He seems interested in meeting me and we were trying to set up a date but he never mentioned when exactly we could meet. So the other day I proposed we could meet the following weekend. He texted me back saying that he looks forward to it. Tbh I expected he would propose an exact date and place but I haven’t heard from him since than. Few weeks after the day we were supposed to meet I added him on snapchat. Not that I wanted. I have just created a new account and started to follow all of my friends. Soon after that he sent me the snap with the caption “Now you remember me”… Well I guess he is that type of guy that wants a girl to tell him what to do and when, where to meet. Or is he just a player?

• This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  tototo.
    • This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  tototo.

fitzy2016
    Participant
    August 30, 2016 at 4:38 pm #110001

Honestly I had my fair share of those flaky type of men when online dating in the past, where it seems like you turn into more of a pen pal than anything else. Almost like you’re there to temporarily pass their time when they’re not busy with anything else. There were some I chatted with for extended periods of time that never materialized into actually meeting the person, which seems like a waste of time. My personal opinion is if a guy is truly interested, they will make a solid attempt to set up a time and place to meet, none of this non-chalant well lets meet 3 Thursdays from now with no mention of where. Too many flaky people out there, don’t waste your time. You said you’ve been texting for quite a while, think of the other more serious people you could have met while wasting your time hoping to meet this yahoo in person. Move on, there’s someone better out there and someone who will actually commit to meeting as should be the case.

alannahweber72
    Participant
    August 30, 2016 at 7:29 pm #110022

Your first clue is you met him online. The tricky thing about online dating is its rare it works especially if your young

covertc
    Participant
    August 30, 2016 at 10:54 pm #110027

It seems like you guys had a miscommunication and he took it the wrong way. I would never reply to anybody like that so he may have some issue.

PhilM
    Participant
    August 31, 2016 at 2:46 am #110028

I think you’re messing with a guy who does not want anything to do with you. He is just playing with your head.

Kinkycrazy
    Participant
    August 31, 2016 at 1:59 pm #110206

I agree! Move on… Some people just like to lead others on it makes then feel better about themselves..