Wait or cut my losses?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Wait or cut my losses?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:28 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tonyparislondon
    Participant
    May 25, 2016 at 2:16 am #101286
    Wait or cut my losses?

So, I met this guy online and went on a few dates with him. I thought we were hitting it off great, having fun, getting to know each other. I was just at a point where I was ready to hope that maybe I could have a relationship when he texts me after about a week of no contact and tells me he’s just “not feeling it.” This, of course makes no sense to me. You don’t kiss and cuddle and drive around for two hours just talking with someone you’re not clicking with.
    So, first, I’m doubting he gave me an honest answer, and I’m debating whether to ask him if there was anything I did or said.
    Second, I really really really was enjoying spending time with this guy. If he were straight, I think we would be great friends. I’m torn between waiting to see if he’ll come around and change his mind (which, I know, is a long shot, but I don’t even want to miss the ghost of a chance it might happen) or just accept that it will never happen and ask how he feels about us spending time as friends.

osutwink92
    Participant
    June 5, 2016 at 10:45 pm #102202

I’d say if you want an explanation, feel free to ask, you at least deserve that. However, as far as getting him back, I’d say the best thing is to just give him space and keep your options open. The ball is on his court now and let him come to you, but it’s a long shot like you said. When you’re feelings for him aren’t there anymore, maybe you could considering asking to hangout again as friends and see how that goes.