Wait, what, I'm sorry… you are dating who ?!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:28 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

newstart12
    Participant
    November 28, 2013 at 3:59 pm #43677

Hello All, I started a new job a few weeks ago and had an immediate connection with a coworker .He is a few years older than me and both of us could not keep our eyes off of each other. I unexpectedly received a text message from him soon after being hired that was work related. Somehow we ended up chit chatting all night about anything and everything. Since then we have been in touch nearly every night. This past week we both acknowledged to each other that there was something there and how much we are attracted to each other. When I tell you we get in touch with each other whenever possible I am not exaggerating. Fast forward to last night. I had to run our grand opening party. A woman was standing alone so I went over to introduce myself and make her feel welcomed. She proceeds to intrude herself as HIS girlfriend.

my heart hurts.

smilez2207
    smilez2207
    Participant
    December 3, 2013 at 6:02 am #43757

I am sorry but he obviously liked the attention that you were given him. He failed to inform you about his girlfriend because he enjoyed talking to you. I would leave that situation alone

Anonymous
    December 7, 2013 at 11:11 pm #44183

AAAAWWWW!!!! That is nooooo fun! It is so disheartening to be lied to and fooled. I’m so glad you know this about him sooner than later! Consider it a rescue that you didn’t get involved too much! I always tell people that we all are foolable. Is that a word?? lol I know soooo much about relationships and patterns and what not, but regardless of what I know, I can still be fooled. It’s not your fault, it is not my fault when it happens, it just is. Every time someone shows up and hurts us like that, it gives us and opportunity to wake up on a different level. Pain and hurt causes us to grow and learn, gives us the choice to learn to forgive and heal, or hold onto the hurt and become more bitter and resentful and wall off our hearts. I personally, choose the former!!! I choose to forgive myself for being fooled, I choose to forgive the other person for lying and fooling me and then let it go. Practicing that choice alone, in the midst of our hurt and pain,

Anonymous
    December 7, 2013 at 11:13 pm #44184

strengthens us to be able to handle future situations as well. I am so sorry!!! Goodness into your hurting heart healing and restoring itself back to a loving place!

AllTornUp
    Participant
    December 9, 2013 at 3:58 am #44193

Look at it this way….would you want to be that girl, alone and uncomfortable, during a party in a room full of people?? If he can do that to her then he surely can do that to you. If I were you, I’d stay away from him, other than work related interaction.

lisa992
    Participant
    December 10, 2013 at 11:28 pm #44400

well obviously…hes bad news

Shyguy
    Participant
    December 16, 2013 at 9:12 pm #44682

Sounds like a real bad guy

JohnPennington
    Participant
    December 19, 2013 at 10:03 pm #44991

wow he sounds like a jerk

kiterider12
    Participant
    April 2, 2014 at 6:33 pm #43689

Work-wife-status

Anonymous
    April 3, 2014 at 3:23 am #50338
    Reply To: Wait, what, I'm sorry… you are dating who ?!

be far away with him.good luck

mikefromtheblock
    mikefromtheblock
    Participant
    April 5, 2014 at 10:42 am #50479
    Reply To: Wait, what, I'm sorry… you are dating who ?!

It’s just how our mind works. We see the green light… and we go for it. Who knows what can happen.

vexation
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:21 pm #43951

sounds like a can of worms

Mimi94
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:27 pm #44550

Run. He’s a liar and most likely a cheater and you’re probably not the only woman he’s doing or done this with. I’d stay as far away from him as possible and find someone new. Good luck 🙂