Waiting around

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Waiting around

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:46 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Nionthrie
    Participant
    June 9, 2014 at 3:04 pm #54826
    Waiting around

Hi, so basically, I met the man of my dreams 2 years ago and ended up falling for him about a year ago. I finally told him how I feel and despite the fact that subtlety most certainly isn’t my strong point, he proclaimed that he had no idea. He said that he does like me but that he isn’t in the right mind-set for a relationship. He’s been single for 4 years after what seems to be a pretty bad end to an 8 year relationship. He has very low self-esteem so I don’t know if that factors in.
    My step-Mum was in a similar position with my Dad a few years ago and now has her fairytale ending but I don’t know whether to wait around, hoping that he would realise how perfect we would be together (not my words but everyone around us!) or whether I should try to get on with my life and just stay as the great friends that we are.

I’ve never felt this way about anyone and would wait as long as needs be but I obviously don’t want to waste my time…

cjose
    Participant
    June 10, 2014 at 10:28 am #54927

I think you should just move on your find some life its to short to wait around

Zebedee
    Participant
    June 10, 2014 at 11:41 am #54940

Yes, I agree.

It’s probably not worth waiting around for someone to be ready for a relationship, especially if it has already been a while since you told him how you felt.

I know it must be hard, but you have to believe that there may be someone out there for you who is a far better match for you than this guy is right now.

Maybe he was a little taken aback by when you revealed your feelings, so you could perhaps try having a conversation with him again. However, if he offers you no hope, it may be best to move on and find someone who is ready to love you now.

Zebedee
    Participant
    June 10, 2014 at 11:43 am #54941

I really sympathise with you, though, as I understand it must be really hard for you to walk away from someone you have very strong feelings for.

I wish you the best of luck in finding what you are searching for.

Anonymous
    June 11, 2014 at 7:43 am #55052

It’s okay wait for him to realize things and help him to realize the love you had for him. Like a guy waiting for a girl to decide you need to do the same.

iluvdoggies
    Participant
    June 11, 2014 at 1:29 pm #55134

I would be honest with him and tell him that you really want a future with him and see what he says. He needs to know that you can’t wait around forever and you shouldn’t.
    you should be in a relationship with someone who sees a future with you and if this guy isn’t in the same mind set then you might need to move on

Matthew1289
    Participant
    June 12, 2014 at 12:36 am #55153

In a similar situation, where I have been waiting for her to “be ready for a relationship” and as of now I am still waiting. But I have finally realized things probably are not going to change and i’d be better off moving on.