Want to ask her out but unsure of the best approach? Need Advice.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:25 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tennesee47
    Participant
    February 21, 2017 at 2:29 pm #127673

I work in a University in research – there is a female scientist in the lab next door to mine, who I have known for a couple years as an acquaintance. We pass in the hallway all the time and say hey with a smile, but I never made another move. In any case, I will only be working here for a few more months and I have been starting to work up the courage to ask her out. By that, I mean “would you like to get dinner/drinks Saturday night?”. I’m not trying to marry her- just go out and have a good time. What do you think is the best approach to asking her out. In my mind, I had two options:

1) Stop by her office at the end of the day (or anytime during the day) and say hey…and ask her out quickly.

2) The second option I though was to stop by and tell her – “hey – when you have a second, can you stop by for a minute?”

I was more skeptical of option 2 as I do not want to come off as a creep. In any case, given the circumstances, what do you think is the best way for me to approach

Pencilartistyt
    Participant
    February 21, 2017 at 5:01 pm #127731

I would definitely recommend option 1. Just come up, be confident and ask her out and all will be good.

merd
    merd
    Participant
    February 22, 2017 at 10:55 am #127813

Yep, do not drag things out too much. Most people appreciate a confident approach when it comes to asking someone out. Even if she hasn’t even thought about dating you, coming up to her with confidence and your brightest smile will definitely make her day and probably accept. Go for it, life’s too short to hold on to things like these.

GenericProblems
    Participant
    February 22, 2017 at 11:18 am #127821

Definitely do option one, I’d hate for a guy to make me come to them just to ask me out.

troubled14
    troubled14
    Participant
    February 22, 2017 at 3:02 pm #127855

I’d defiantly advise going for option one, just be sure to make your approach casually and make sure it comes naturally. The last thing you want is for her to think that the situation was forced.

sprotz
    Participant
    February 22, 2017 at 3:17 pm #127863

Watch youtube videos on pickups , they will give you some clues.

tennesee47
    Participant
    February 22, 2017 at 4:04 pm #127876

Thank you all for the comments. The only thing preventing me from making the move is the fact that every time I walk by the area she works she is in the middle of something. Just can’t find the right time.