Want to gain her confidence?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:17 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Appar92
    Participant
    July 10, 2015 at 9:50 am #82596

Is it a bad idea to come clean to a girl I like about social anxiety, because I know she’s been through lot, but she doesn’t know that I know. I’ve known her for a year, she is a very private person about her life. She puts up an emotional wall, stopping us from moving forward. She just coming off of a long distance relationship, like month ago, ex still text her but she said she ignore them.

TheMopPetal2
    Participant
    July 10, 2015 at 5:38 pm #82625

If she isnt very open about her anxieties and insecurities then I wouldn’t bring it up unless she brings it up. Me and the guy I’m kinda dating are both pretty shy and both tend to be insecure and me and him talked about it on our first date but the only reason we talked about it is because he brought it up first and I contributed to the convo about it because I had gone through very similar life experiences as him that caused my anxiety and depression and insecurities.

TheMopPetal2
    Participant
    July 10, 2015 at 5:38 pm #82626

I would just let her know that your there for her if she needs someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on

richardfoster366
    Participant
    July 11, 2015 at 12:15 am #82633

I wouldn’t bring it up tbh I only would if she brings the topic up

What_is_a_user
    What_is_a_user
    Participant
    July 11, 2015 at 4:54 am #82636

What’s the mood/temperament your relationship like? Do you two like to talk about deep issues in general, or do you like to keep it light and fun all the time? If she’s just coming off of another relationship, it sounds like your relationship is new, so these are the sorts of things that might matter most at this stage.

junewinters123
    Participant
    July 11, 2015 at 3:17 pm #82656

I really would not push her into anything she does not want to talk about, having social anxiety and being called out on it, was probably the worst experience i have had and it made me despise the person whom I trusted with the secret in the beginning. She will come to you if she wants to talk about it all. Do not bring it up unless she does