Want to get him interested again

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

morten
    Participant
    November 19, 2015 at 9:22 am #88734

Please reply kindly, I’m aware I may be overthinking. Dated a guy for 3 months, he pursued me and told me how much he liked me. We have a lot of shared interests, hiking and outdoor activities. We also share values and have similar jobs. We got very close but didn’t have sex, I wasn’t ready. I went on holiday for 2 weeks and he didn’t contact me much, I thought he was letting me enjoy my holiday. When I got back we met up but he was distant and said he needed time for work and see me in a week, he text every day as normal, flirty etc and called but didn’t plan to see me. I pushed him to meet and we had a nice time, he then text to say, sorry as he’s moving soon and looking for new job he can’t make me a priority, I said I understand and will move on. I text him after 10 days that I miss our chats, he agreed. We text a few times then no reply, last text I said; ‘it feels good to be chatting again’. I really want to try and date him again, should I wait a few days and text again, thank

Anonymous
    November 19, 2015 at 9:59 am #88738

How well do you think you know this guy? Do you trust his answers? It’s possible he has been busy but sounds to me like he’s unclear what to he wants to pursue with you. Or is avoiding the evitable. If I’m dating a girl for 3 months I know where I stand with her. But everyone is different. Let him contact you. If he truly is just “busy” then he’ll eventually reach you. If not, then time to move on.

morten
    Participant
    November 19, 2015 at 10:39 am #88740

Thanks for your response. I think he got scared and pulled away as was having strong feelings for me. He was very proactive and I tried to be cool but then showed him how I felt which is when he became a little distant. He is moving in 2 months, we both live overseas, I’m also going back home soon so we had talked about continuing, then he just said he it wasn’t fair to me as he had to concentrate on job applications and going home. I think he’s now talking to me as he doesn’t want to hurt me or lead me on, hence no response after I said I missed chatting in though we weren’t dating anymore. But I feel lost as to how his feelings changed so fast. I will try and leave it and see if he contacts me. I haven’t asked for any kind of explanation just accepted what he said. It’s hard to imagine not seeing him again right now. In reality I know these things happen but it still hurts.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  morten.

tstshona
    Participant
    December 1, 2015 at 6:32 am #89165

I think it’s time to move on.his actions show he is not interested

cal2005
    Participant
    December 2, 2015 at 12:55 am #89222

Yeah he just trying yo let you down easy sorry