Want to Meet but Am Held Back

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:18 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Participant
    September 30, 2015 at 2:54 pm #86258

This may seem bizarre but here is my situation:

I am a 20 year old female and had used the site POF to see what guys are out there (I tried this site back in Jan. and was dooped, so I deleted acc.) to converse with and see if it will go further. I’ve met someone in particular and we’ve been contacting each other outside the site’s service. He asked to meet me and I told him I would love to, BUT because I still live with my parents it is their rules. They are strict, my mother really, and she doesn’t allow me to go out often or ever actually. No one knows I have made an account for a dating site yet, but of course I’d let someone know if I were to meet him. He is real (I did research, reverse Google search on pics, v-chatted, etc.) and is 21 y/o. I really find him special but do not know what to do because there is no way my ma would let me go run off with some guy. I have responibilites and so does he, so it’s adds to the stress. Any advice? I know, absurd :/

Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Participant
    October 2, 2015 at 11:36 am #86387

You’re right, I’ve decided it’d be best to meet him casually first to see if there’s any connection before having the talk with my mother. I just fear she will try to make contacting him unavailable, she can be like that at times. Even though she will be mad and may not like what I have to say, she’ll think about it later with a much more reasonable tone. Ughhh I don’t want to pass this guy up!! Thank you for replying, really means a lot.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Spartan117 Spartan117.
    • This reply was modified 2 years ago by Spartan117 Spartan117.