Was I a Jerk?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Was I a Jerk?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:11 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

bob the brave
    Participant
    March 15, 2013 at 3:14 pm #26010
    Was I a Jerk?

Girl turned me down and made degrading comments about me being short (5’9″ she is 5’7″) and made a joke about me liking her to coworkers. Then she hooked up with a married player who cheats on his wife, gambles, drinks and smokes while braiging to coworkers and lying to his wife. I am a college educated professional as is the girl. The player has no education or skills (well, maybe one skill).

After they got together, knowing I liked her, he came to me, got up in my face real insulting like and said, “I ****** her and there is nothing you can do about it.” just to stroke his ego.

Then months later she comes to me saying this guy is a zero wanted to know if I still cared for her? She is serious. I told her no real cool like and changed the subject not giving her a chance to explain.

Was I a jerk or should I have been more open minded?

slobeachboy
    Participant
    March 15, 2013 at 3:53 pm #26022

Well personally if a girl turned me down once, regardless of whether she was rude about it or not, she’s not going to get a second chance. They only get one bite at the apple as far as I’m concerned. After all, if she turned you down once it means she’s only asking you out now because she’s run through all her other more enticing options. And do you really want to be some girl’s consolation prize? I know I wouldn’t. And for that matter why would any guy want to date a girl who obviously likes to date jerks.
    That being said however I have a question for you. Did she actually make these degrading comments to your face or did you hear about them from someone else? If it was from someone else all I can say is that you should never judge a person based on gossip or any kind of second hand information. There are certain types of people who will lie about what others said, or at least exaggerate the truth, just to cause conflict in those around them.