Was I fake-numbered?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Was I fake-numbered?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:56 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

brevicaudate
    Participant
    September 27, 2014 at 3:42 pm #64947
    Was I fake-numbered?

So, to keep it brief, I met a Chinese girl on my way to Birkbeck College in London on Wednesday, when I asked her for directions. We talked for a few minutes; the conversation went well, and we exchanged numbers.

In fact, she suggested I type my number into her phone, then she called my number on HER phone, which I received, then saved for later. Noticing that it began with a special 2-digit prefix, (possibly +44, but possibly something else), I deleted this and replaced it with the usual 07.

However, upon calling her today, the girl on the other end had an English voice, a different name, and said she’d never heard of this Chinese girl.

So in summary, this wasn’t a fake number, yet the Chinese girl’s number, which I noted down directly, actually put me through to someone totally different with absolutely no relationship to her. Could this be because I deleted the initial prefix and replaced it with 07?

Many thanks

brevicaudate
    Participant
    September 27, 2014 at 5:54 pm #64953

Anyone? This is important to me and time really is of the essence in this case…

Please, can someone give me some advice about how to retrieve the original, correct number, or any any other potentially successful solution that might enable me to contact her?

Many thanks

Anonymous
    September 29, 2014 at 10:51 am #64982

You still have the correct number, but you do not remember the original prefix? This original numbers are the country code, so you said she was Chinese, potentially she still had a number from her original country. Try different country codes, in front of her numbers, with the + sign. That may be why it had a weird number.

If the cal went through, then try texting her with the original number she called you with instead of replacing it with the +07 like you did.

lee21
    lee21
    Participant
    October 5, 2014 at 5:15 am #65310

My question would be, did you delete your call log? I mean even if you changed the number was it the contact and your phone still has the actual last number to dial your phone in the call log. Or you can go to your phone network and ask for your call history instead of dialing a ton of area code for China, over 1 billion people you can imagine the providence and local area codes you would have to dial. Phone call log and getting the phone network’s call history for your number is my suggestion.

Hope that helped you somewhat :/