Was I wrong in asking him to forget the issue?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:42 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ooma
    ooma
    Participant
    July 25, 2015 at 1:41 pm #83246

Hey.
    So recently I confessed my feelings to a guy who was interested me and was in an almost relationship with me for the past two months. But lately(few weeks)he’d been acting distant and wouldn’t talk to me much which gave me a doubt about his feelings for me. So i told him how i felt and that i still liked him but i wasn’t sure about how he felt anymore and wanted to know and clear things out.
    It had been quite sometime ,so I was sure he knew how he felt and i was prepared for a rejection. He told me he needed time to think as he wasn’t sure about how he felt and didn’t want risks and that his judgement was cloudy. This kinda hurt me but at first i agreed to give him sometime. later i thought about it and told him that if he wasn’t sure, i told him that I understood and asked him to forget about this issue.
    Was this wrong on my part to ask him to leave the issue? I felt like I was an option to him.Now things are bad between us.He avoids me and we don’t talk anymore.
    Thankyou 🙂

hopelessromantic85
    Participant
    July 25, 2015 at 7:52 pm #83252

No, I don’t think you were wrong. And I agree with you, he’d already had time to think about his feelings for you. That’s a black and white issue in my opinion. You either like me and wanna date me or you don’t. Maybe the timing is off and he just has a lot going on right now. Either way, just shake it off. There will be more that can’t wait to spend every second they can with you. And you won’t have to ask 😉