Was I wrong to fall for it?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:50 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sarahjones_1990
    Participant
    December 8, 2013 at 9:14 pm #44191

I’ll shorten this the best I can… Started talking to a guy when I was gone travelling with a big time difference. We talked, including the one thing that usually scares most men off, and it didn’t. Well, we just ended up busy and we stopped talking so I essentially forgot about him. Then randomly a month later when I was back he texted me and things just got a lot deeper from there on out, to the point where we always talked about being together, cuddling, etc. all things “couples” would say. I’m pretty honest so I already admitted I liked him and eventually out of the blue he said it too. He even said he wouldn’t be talking to me if it was just to be friends forever.. We live a couple hours from each other so I also asked why he is still bothering if at the moment we cant see each other and he said that he could see it working out. Well, then he ended up leaving for a bit and we didn’t talk the entire time (I don’t mind, it was family related) but he did apologize about that…

sarahjones_1990
    Participant
    December 8, 2013 at 9:19 pm #44192

(cont.) and immediately he talked about how he thought about us together in his head (I figure most guys dont do that if they dont like you and admit it…) and he just always talked about how I was different etc. Well, it was ok for a bit, he was always initiating contact, but before his big leave, I was unable to see him and had to cancel the one chance I had (not in my control) and I felt horrible, but suddenly he just got very distant and i just dont know what it means… Well thanksgiving comes, I send him well wishes and nothing! No response. I just found that very weird… In all honesty, should I just give up? Every time he dissapeared he always seemed to come back, but am I wrong to think that he will? Did he even mean it when he said he liked me? Did I scare him off? He’s gone for the next half year or so and we talked about when he got back too, seeing each other finally… But now, I just think I was fooled, yet again :/

confused
    Participant
    December 11, 2013 at 12:11 am #44408

I’m sorry to say, but it sounds like he’s using you 🙁 maybe just try to be friends if you feel you can handle it. If not I would drop it. Sorry 🙁

Mimi94
    Participant
    December 13, 2013 at 4:02 am #44504

It sounds to me like he really did like you but just got tired of trying to make it work all on his own. You seemed to never have time for the guy or were pushing him away or forgetting about him. He probably either got tired of that or figured it would never work due to the distance between you two. Perhaps put more effort in trying to be with him and he might come back. For good.

Mimi94
    Participant
    December 13, 2013 at 4:03 am #44505

I hate to be super critical but no one wants to be putting all the effort into something, alone. 🙁

kmb1783
    Participant
    January 30, 2014 at 3:04 pm #46885

If he’s not reciprocating I would move on. I don’t know you but you definitely deserve better! Everyone does. Good luck!

Aurore
    Participant
    February 4, 2014 at 4:22 pm #47189

My experience thus far from online dating is: Here today, gone tomorrow. I myself just posted a thread on “Is he withdrawing temporarily or gone forever?”

sarahjones_1990
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:28 pm #44558

It sounds to me like he really did like you but just got tired of trying to make it work all on his own. You seemed to never have time for the guy or were pushing him away or forgetting about him. He probably either got tired of that or figured it would never work due to the distance between you two. Perhaps put more effort in trying to be with him and he might come back. For good.

It wasn’t just me.. We both didn’t have a way to make it easier and we were aware that would be until he got back where it won’t be an issue anymore. Haven’t heard from him at all so don’t know whats next…

Anonymous
    May 27, 2014 at 7:56 am #53768

Love takes two to tango so if only one keeps swaying and moving around so tango will not be a good dance. Relationship is a commitment of two people and if one are so scared to get involved you should let the other party know, don’t keep him guessing, we are on a generation wherein we could get instant reply and instant answer you might as well make an instant decision if you don’t want to loose your love.

cchld72
    Participant
    May 27, 2014 at 7:30 pm #53904
    Reply To: Was I wrong to fall for it?

Love shouldn’t be complicated.